• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

35% Discount on BMW Parts

Call the dealer before you go. If they don't know about it this will give them time to find out what they need to know before you show up with pockets full of money.

This is from the MOA website.

PURCHASE: BMW Motorrad Original Parts, Original Classic Parts, Original Service Parts and Replacement OEM Parts purchased in store at an authorized BMW Motorrad Dealership. Not valid in Canada. BMW Motorcycle Owners of America Members are required to meet the following threshold amounts in order to receive the specified discounts at time of purchase. Spend $150 to receive 25% OFF entire order. Spend $250 to receive 30% OFF entire order. Spend $500 to receive 35% OFF entire order. Discount is only available to BMW Motorcycle of America Members (“MOA”). MOA members will be required to show their MOA membership card at time of purchase. Receive up to a 35% discount on BMW Motorrad Original Parts, Original Classic Parts, Original Service Parts and Replacement OEM Parts purchased in store at any participating authorized BMW Motorrad Dealership (online orders are not eligible for this offer). Offer excludes all motorcycle accessories (Design, Ergonomics/Comfort, Luggage, Maintenance and Technology, Navigation and Communication, Protection and Safety, Sound and Performance) Bicycles, Riders’ Gear, Style Gear and Chemicals. Limited-time offer valid from 10/01/2022 to 12/31/2022. Offer expires on 12/31/2022 at 11:59pm (EST). Offer not valid on previously purchased merchandise and cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion. Discount is based on the total invoiced retail price of eligible products at time of checkout, exclusive of taxes and shipping costs. BMW of North America reserves the right to modify or discontinue this offer at any time without notice. ©2022 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW trademarks are registered trademarks.

BMW USA also has a 25% off discount through Nov 24.

The holidays are right around the next curve – but you'll be ready with 25% off BMW Motorrad gear and apparel purchases starting right now. Use code GEARUP25 when you shop online at shopbmwmotorcycles.com or visit your BMW Motorrad dealer.* Plus, all online orders receive free shipping.** Discover thrilling selections for yourself and the riders in your life. Choose from stylish casual apparel and functional protective gear, and more. The sale runs through November 24, 2022.

Call the dealer before you go. If they don't know about it this will give them time to find out what they need to know before you show up with soon-to-be-empty pockets full of money.

Made a slight change the original posting. :D

Call the dealer before you go. If they don't know about it this will give them time to find out what they need to know before you show up with pockets full of money.

Always good advice.

Stephen, let us know how it goes; good or bad.

This could be a significant cost savings if applicable to common but high priced repair items like body panels, headlights, wheels, esa shocks or cams and followers. Kudos to MOA leadership for whatever part they had in this. It does say for MOA members only, after all. I’m impressed at the amount of potential discount.

Discount rules

This would be nice. But I couldn't take advantage because I never got my 2021 MOA membership card. Maybe be I'll get lucky next year.

This would be nice. But I couldn't take advantage because I never got my 2021 MOA membership card. Maybe be I'll get lucky next year.

Have you called the BMWMOA office and asked them to look into the missing card? My experience has been that office staff is very responsive and likes to resolve these sorts of issues.

Best,
DeVern

I had good luck with the discount on a stator replacement at Greater Cincinnati BMW dealership

Besides getting a digital copy of your card online, the dealer can probably use your MOA member number.
When we bought or new bikes, Engles in KC only needed our member numbers for the new bike discounts.

Last edited:
Cycle Center of Denton Texas is honoring the deal. Ordered some items to get over the $500 threshold and the the 35% mark and it's a done deal. Just have to wait a little bit for the parts to come in. One major part is in the U.S. so I don't have to wait on the slow boat from Germany on it!

https://www.cyclecenterofdenton.com/

SS

There is something perverse about BMW charging outrageous prices for parts, as well as having discriminatory pricing between NA and other parts of the world and the MOA exploiting the situation by claiming short-term, limited-scope discounts as a member benefit. It has the appearance of a conflict of interest. Effectively the MOA benefits from the abusive BMW NA pricing policy. Members get a short-lived discount but at the price of paying excessively on an indeterminate basis. BMW carries on confident that its captive club will not object.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

There is something perverse about BMW charging outrageous prices for parts, as well as having discriminatory pricing between NA and other parts of the world and the MOA exploiting the situation by claiming short-term, limited-scope discounts as a member benefit. It has the appearance of a conflict of interest. Effectively the MOA benefits from the abusive BMW NA pricing policy. Members get a short-lived discount but at the price of paying excessively on an indeterminate basis. BMW carries on confident that its captive club will not object.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
This discount is more than the dealer markup. BMW Mottorad is covering the customer discount, NOT MOA, not the dealer. Be glad if your local dealer participates, because this is a LOT of work for your local dealer, in that many of their systems make it hard to process this discount on your paperwork, then they have to submit to BMW NA to recoup the discount they gave you. Some BMW Dealers are refusing to participate, because of the difficulty of these transactions. I wish people could be grateful for these opportunities when they come along.

BMW builds the safest, most technologically advanced motorcycles in the world. Why do people expect no-name motorcycle parts pricing on german engineered parts?

This discount is more than the dealer markup. BMW Mottorad is covering the customer discount, NOT MOA, not the dealer. Be glad if your local dealer participates, because this is a LOT of work for your local dealer, in that many of their systems make it hard to process this discount on your paperwork, then they have to submit to BMW NA to recoup the discount they gave you. Some BMW Dealers are refusing to participate, because of the difficulty of these transactions. I wish people could be grateful for these opportunities when they come along.

BMW builds the safest, most technologically advanced motorcycles in the world. Why do people expect no-name motorcycle parts pricing on german engineered parts?

Ha! You really need to have a close look at the parts on a BMW. Many are sourced from name brand suppliers with factories around the world. Those suppliers supply the exact same parts to other manufacturers. You can purchase those exact same parts from other motorcycle make dealers for a fraction of the cost and/or buy them from parts distributers for even less. Should I mention the $28 small piece of foam to stick in the front brake reservoir on some bikes?

I am not "grateful" for BMW's blatant overpricing, nor should anyone be.

Did you know that the G310 is made by TVS in India and that Loncin in China makes the engines for BMW scooters and the F758/850? The latter engine will sone be used in Loncin's own Voge 900 DS.

And even if a part is actually made by BMW how do you explain that it is possible to buy them in the UK and have them shipped across the Atlantic and still be ahead versus BMW NA pricing?

Last edited:
As a person with a Ducati 916 that Ducati pretends doesn't exist and can be tough to source parts for, or as the owner of a Honda VFR that Honda increasingly doesn't have parts for, I don't have much to complain about with BMW parts. I can get them, even for my 55 yo /2.

I'd venture that just about every part you put on a BMW is made by someone other than BMW. The days of Henry Ford taking raw materials in one end of the factory and pushing cars out the other are long ended and a majority of components are manufactured by outside companies and assembled by manufacturers, including entire drivetrains, as you point out.

I have a Boxster and I can buy the Porsche part or I can buy the OEM part which is the same part minus the Porsche logo and about a third of the price. There is no difference between the parts.

You can view parts prices in whatever fashion works best for you, but I'm happy I can always get them. I'll take availability over pricing.

Back