• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nav VI gone again!

If my count is correct, I have just recently installed my 8th Nav 6 since 2017. I love the way these things work - when they work- but, sheeze, you cannot depend on them. Thank goodness for the phone in my pocket. The Garmin staff are always very polite and helpful. They know they have a problem but nobody I've consulted seems to know what the problem is. Last news from them during this last exchange is that by mid-2023 they were going to have a sure-fire fix. I have no idea of what that means nor did the Garmin rep. Oh well.

Backup nav vi

After my 4th exchange, I inquired about purchasing a reconditioned unit as a backup…..was approved, price was right…..now carry both the only issue being keeping the 2 nd unit charged, or removing battery until needed.

The Nav V is a GPS from 2013.
The Nav VI has been around since 2017.

Though some are still running strong - in my case, a Nav V - that fact is, even spring chickens get tired in winter...

It might just be the time to move up to something more current. ¯\_(?)_/¯

For the uninitiated: Your Vietnam ribbon says 4 tours completed. Welcome home; I did my first tour in 1966 and completed my fourth tour in 1974, all at DaNang Air Base as an aircraft mechanic.

For the uninitiated: Your Vietnam ribbon says 4 tours completed. Welcome home; I did my first tour in 1966 and completed my fourth tour in 1974, all at DaNang Air Base as an aircraft mechanic.
Thank you for your service and welcome home to you as well.

Actually, USAF, not tours, campaigns. Started with '68 Tet, then three through '69/Counteroffensive, 23 February 1969 - 8 June 1969.

Now I am keeping my Nav V

Find a Nav V (they last) and still have Wonderwheel function.
Or get a Zumo XT and adapter so it will go into mount and never get hooked by Wonderwheel. :clap
I was bidding on a Nav VI thinking an upgrade from the Nav V was a smart move, mainly to get the brighter screen. Based on all the comments above, I will stop my bidding and keep the Nav V, which has been rock solid, in terms of reliability. I just ordered a sunshade to make do with the Nav V dim screen .

I was bidding on a Nav VI thinking an upgrade from the Nav V was a smart move, mainly to get the brighter screen. Based on all the comments above, I will stop my bidding and keep the Nav V, which has been rock solid, in terms of reliability. I just ordered a sunshade to make do with the Nav V dim screen .

Where'd you get the Nav shade, been trying to find one for my brothers Nav5. I have one, it makes a difference on my 4 and 5. Link if possible

thanks

Where'd you get the Nav shade, been trying to find one for my brothers Nav5. I have one, it makes a difference on my 4 and 5. Link if possible

thanks

I got one from Amazon for one third the price of the one from Wunderlich - $13.00. I'm betting its the same item.

On Amazon search: Nav V GPS sunshade.

I got one from Amazon for one third the price of the one from Wunderlich - $13.00. I'm betting its the same item.

On Amazon search: Nav V GPS sunshade.

I had searched amazon without finding one for the nav5, just did another search. All kinds of shades for garmins but not for nav5 in the first 3 pages

Sure is. Nav IV, Nav V and Nav VI are the same size format.

-------
Top reviews from the United States
DrDCD
5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for NAV V or VI
Reviewed in the United States ���� on November 27, 2022
Verified Purchase
When you ride in the bright sunshine a visor on your GPS and on your TFT or Analog gauges is helpful. I set the brightness on my latest Motorrad NAV VI to 70%. The visor also helps against the sun reflecting in your face at certain times of the day. I don't go for a lot of accessories. I do when they are useful.

Sure is. Nav IV, Nav V and Nav VI are the same size format.

-------
Top reviews from the United States
DrDCD
5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for NAV V or VI
Reviewed in the United States ���� on November 27, 2022
Verified Purchase
When you ride in the bright sunshine a visor on your GPS and on your TFT or Analog gauges is helpful. I set the brightness on my latest Motorrad NAV VI to 70%. The visor also helps against the sun reflecting in your face at certain times of the day. I don't go for a lot of accessories. I do when they are useful.

Thanks Steve, I'll order later today. I was not aware all 3 navs were the same dimensions

I don't see a price or add to cart button on the Amazon link.

Looks like the same unit and vendor I saw on ebay for $25 shipped.

\To the right side of the page, click on vendors selling this product or something like that. Took me right to the link Lee

Thanks Steve, I'll order later today. I was not aware all 3 navs were the same dimensions

Happy to help. Here's the deal on the Nav series. Note that they aren't labelled as "Garmin" Nav - they're labelled as "BMW Nav" units. That's because Garmin and BMW got together agreed on a design for the Nav series GPS. They're a perfect fit in the 2013 and on RT. Not sure what year BMW went away from that but it works great.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, whenever I try to attach the link, my account info is attached and, as much as I like you guys, I don't think I want to buy a sunshade for everyone who clicks on it. :laugh

Still coming up as $13.00, though.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, whenever I try to attach the link, my account info is attached and, as much as I like you guys, I don't think I want to buy a sunshade for everyone who clicks on it. :laugh

Still coming up as $13.00, though.

Probably have to do the search without being signed in at Amazon. Good tip catching it. :thumb

OM

thanks

I bought one of these from Amazon -- Rantow Foldable Phone/Tablet Monitor Sunshade for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Air/Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic 2 Pro/Spark/Phantom 3 4 / Inspire 1/OSMO Accessories Controller Sun Hood
Brand: Rantow.

Size L128

Price < $9 + shipping.

I added an adhesive clip at each corner (top and bottom) to keep the elastic straps from slipping off. These are the clips I bought. If you lived near me, I'd give you a few if you go this way).

60 PCS Adhesive Cable Clips, Upgraded Wall Wire Clips for Cable Management, Strong Cord Clips Wire Holders for The Wall, Under Desk, Christmas Lights, Car, Dash Cam, Ethernet, Electric Wires Small (Also available from Amazon)

Good luck!

Back