• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA app still doesn't show my current member status

brownie0486

I believe one of the mods stated some time ago, that the app isn't updated by once a year?

Anyway, the information on my expiration of membership date still reflects June 2022 on the app. I tried refreshing data, still that date listed for expiration.

Is it something I'm not doing correctly or has the app not been updated as I was informed it would be. I'd like someone to give me a definitive answer on this. It's annoying to see the app showing June 2022 when it should be sometime in 2023.

Thanks

Try the Help Button from the above tool bar-

09F917E4-4F82-4DE0-AF7C-02C1ADDFBC61.png

It’s supposed to be a relevant communication feature.

OM

Not sure which App is it, but I looked at the MOA Anonymous App. I just renewed and my check cleared. My App shows my membership is up to date!! :dunno

Just opened the Anon app and refreshed data. It shows membership as expired in 2021, yet my dues are paid well into 2023. Clearly there’s a data link that’s not functioning reliably.

Best,
DeVern

Just opened the Anon app and refreshed data. It shows membership as expired in 2021, yet my dues are paid well into 2023. Clearly there’s a data link that’s not functioning reliably.

Best,
DeVern

Ya, apparently so. Last time I asked, was told to wait a while, the app gets updated in Sept. That's not happened.

I didn't even know this feature was there. So I looked. I have been a Life Member since July of 1986 and it does show my expiration as 2099. But it shows me a "Member since 2021". Perfection eludes us once again. :nono

I didn't even know this feature was there. So I looked. I have been a Life Member since July of 1986 and it does show my expiration as 2099. :nono

Paul,

So what are you gonna do after 2099 when your membership expires? Maybe you could get into the rallies as Voni’s guest.

:dance:dance:dance

The MOA needs to get on the ball. Maybe less time spent selling tickets for a raffle bike, more time keeping members data current.

I don't mind waiting for them to update the app, but the hold your horses, the app gets updated in Sept sound more like it was a prognostication, not a statement of fact. :whistle

Last edited:
I didn't even know this feature was there. So I looked. I have been a Life Member since July of 1986 and it does show my expiration as 2099. But it shows me a "Member since 2021". Perfection eludes us once again. :nono

Paul, 2099 is also my expiry date. What a disappoint. I’m certainly not looking forward to that year. I mean, I know that we all eventually expire but at age 152? Does the MOA really gets to decide that I can’t live to be at least 153? :laugh :laugh :laugh

The app is scheduled to be updated once per quarter. That timing can vary due to several different factors - our internal workload, the developers workload, significant information updates, such as expiration dates, database maintenance, technical development, etc. It would be great to say with certainty that is it always going to be released on a specific date, but that isn’t reality in the app/software world. At least not at our level.

We are trying to include feature updates with each release. The last version of the update included member numbers, cards and expiration dates in the app. If there is new functionality to be added, that can push the timeline as the developers try to make those things work.

There is actually a new release that is expected in the next few days. That release, in particular, was delayed by Apple who has to approve the release before the app can be updated in the Apple Store.

The app is NOT connected to the member database. Member information has to be manually updated periodically. The day will come when it is connected and updates will be instantaneous. That isn’t today.

A better indicator of your member status, expiration dates, etc. is your online member profile at bmwmoa.org. The website does reflect the actual database information in real time. The link to your profile page is https://www.bmwmoa.org/members/public_profile.asp

The app will continue to improve and we do have larger plans to improve the functionality and make the data available in real time. It will take a little patience to get there.

Ted

Back