• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

And posting of oil

motodan

I only use oil that gives Superior Acceleration and Carbon Neutral. I pity those who go the sub superior acceleration and positive or negative Carbon route.

Attachments

• E71B24F8-70EC-49F2-9D4A-78044A62C66C.jpg
    E71B24F8-70EC-49F2-9D4A-78044A62C66C.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 264
I see only one bike in your sig line so I'm guessing it's for that model per your manual. Wouldn't work in my Airheads!!

BTW...what does "superior acceleration" mean? Sounds like marketing to me. :dunno

Oh come on, I’m sure they’ve spent $$$$ doing all kinds of research to put this on their packaging. I imagine they used 30 to 50 models and changed oil hundreds of times (in same bike), running them up and down that quarter mile strip for 100’s of miles to validate their claim. Now let me try to remove my tongue from my cheek. 🤥

0w20 would probably provide even better acceleration, for a while anyway.
I think BMW claims small plastic winglets help acceleration too, on the s1000.
Has me wondering if swarups can be fitted to a fuel injected engine …

From a Castrol site...must be their "claim to fame":

"Castrol® Power1® is an advanced, premium full synthetic motorcycle oil engineered to provide maximum acceleration for bikers who love the exhilaration of riding. It has been designed for 4-stroke engines, tested and proven deliver superior power and acceleration at the touch of the throttle as it flows fast and minimizes internal friction that can reduce performance and horse power."

I've got a bridge in Florida...

Just out of curiosity, what is the fine print associated with the asterisk after "CARBON NEUTRAL"?

Found this:

"In order to use the carbon neutral claim, the company used a calculation assured by EY against the British standard for carbon neutrality – PAS 2060 – that factored in the sourcing of raw materials in the United States, shipping to production facilities, energy consumed in transportation, waste products, and the impact of shipping to consumers to include packaging and transport.

To achieve PAS 2060, businesses must demonstrate there is no net increase in the global emission of greenhouse gases (GHG) to the atmosphere, as a result of greenhouse gas emissions associated with the product. GHG are first assessed using raw data, then a carbon management plan complete with specific reduction strategies must be submitted. Following the reduction phase, GHG emissions are offset by high quality, certified carbon credits, and then a standard-compliant declaration of achievement of neutrality through a set of statements known as Qualifying Explanatory Statements (QES). Public disclosure of all documentations that supports the carbon neutrality claim is also required."

That claim has probably been on the oil bottle for years. Motodan is just the first person who ever actually read it...

As a person that has worked in the world of litigation for 40 years, I can assure you that if they said it, they have proof.

As a person that has worked in the world of litigation for 40 years, I can assure you that if they said it, they have proof.

As a person who was a trial lawyer; and, or, judge for well over 40 years I can assure you that if someone says something, you should never assume they have proof.

E.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
Vladimir Lenin

As a person who was a trial lawyer; and, or, judge for well over 40 years I can assure you that if someone says something, you should never assume they have proof.

E.

Vladimir Lenin

+1

....if someone says something, you should never assume they have proof.

At the risk of being put in the penalty box, some of your politicians have embraced both of the above.

Found this:

"In order to use the carbon neutral claim, the company used a calculation assured by EY against the British standard for carbon neutrality – PAS 2060 – that factored in the sourcing of raw materials in the United States, shipping to production facilities, energy consumed in transportation, waste products, and the impact of shipping to consumers to include packaging and transport.

To achieve PAS 2060, businesses must demonstrate there is no net increase in the global emission of greenhouse gases (GHG) to the atmosphere, as a result of greenhouse gas emissions associated with the product. GHG are first assessed using raw data, then a carbon management plan complete with specific reduction strategies must be submitted. Following the reduction phase, GHG emissions are offset by high quality, certified carbon credits, and then a standard-compliant declaration of achievement of neutrality through a set of statements known as Qualifying Explanatory Statements (QES). Public disclosure of all documentations that supports the carbon neutrality claim is also required."

Interesting. Thanks!

E.

Vladimir Lenin

Indeed. I've been managing litigation document databases for 20 years. If it isn't written down or in a deposition under oath, it didn't happen. :ha

Back