• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My riding season is over

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
We still have some decent weather ahead with highs in the fifties, but one year old Talisker is going in for surgery on his knees and my task is to keep him sedentary for two months post-op. This means no wrestling with his brothers Glenlivet and Kazoo. Anyone who has had dogs can relate to the challenge.

My hope is the surgery will remove the source of irritation and that he is young enough for the cartilage to repair any damage so he can join me in the sidecar when Glenlivet retires in a few years

C736F2D4-7A5B-49D0-95A6-74DBA196435A.jpeg

As I said in a different thread I rode by you with a small group a few weeks ago when I was at the Cro Mag rally.

Good luck to both your family and the canine family.
Is the surgery necessary because of a congenital issue?

As someone who’s helped my daughter and her dog through two 8 week recuperations, I hope the other dogs won’t be too much of a distraction for the patient. Halfway through one of our recuperations I had to remove myself and my German Shepherd from the home due to her dog patient becoming too excited. But her dog was a very active dog who didn’t want to lie around for 8 weeks. A portable pen about 5X5 feet helped a lot.

Back