• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forma Adventure Low Boots Issue and Looking for New Brand

smswy

Just want to post this about the boots and perhaps I am jinxed. Bought these boots on RevZilla. After several days of wearing/riding I started to notive that something on the inside was gouging into my right foot metatarsal when the I was walking (at the bend between tow box and metatarsal area of foot. I ran my fingers down the inside and after moving through the front curve towards to toe box I could feel some type of lateral”rib” or “ridge” protruding down. There was some material between the inner liner and the leather outer that seemed to be bent of flexed down and doing walking when that area bent it drove the ridge into the top of my metatarsal. I felt inside the left boot, which did not have the issue, and it was smooth through the upper to toe box transition. I made a warranty claim suggesting the boots were defective and providing details as above. Revzilla honored it and credited my account.

Fast forward to yesterday when I ordered the same boot as a replacement, figuring I had received a one-off defective boot first go around. I immediately ran my fingers down the inside fromof the left boot to the toe box. Smooth through transition. Then I did the same with the right boot. Again, I felt some lateral rib of inner material protruding downward, but this time it was about at the location where the rubber outer toe box overlay is sewn on top of the toe. So I thought maybe whenI walk and bent this area it will not gouge into to top of my upper toe areaor metatarsal. Tried them on and walked on carpet around living room and same as before, the material (which feels like an overlap of the harder material they place between liner and leather, protrudes down and gouges the top of my foot. They just got shipped back to Revzilla. I though maybe ifI get one more pair “3rd time is a charm”. Then NO. I will not take the chance. No more Forma.

So looking for another brand on low boots that would cost less than $300 (the ones goingback were $249).

Stephen

Icon Stormhawk Waterproof Boots

I have used Icon boots for the last 15,000 miles and like them a lot. These Stormhawk's are my most recent addition and I really like the BOA lacing/quick release aspect.

Shoe/Boot fit is very personal so this is just a data point - but I have found a lot to like with Icon and the price is very reasonable.

Good luck and ride safe -
Larry

Picture of what the brown version look like in real life -
IMG_1660 small.jpeg

I have used Icon boots for the last 15,000 miles and like them a lot. These Stormhawk's are my most recent addition and I really like the BOA lacing/quick release aspect.

Shoe/Boot fit is very personal so this is just a data point - but I have found a lot to like with Icon and the price is very reasonable.

Larry

View attachment 89506

Thank you for another brand reference and photo.

Larry

View attachment 89506

My BMW riding sneakers are getting long in the tooth- that's a candidate for replacement...could you check inside and tell me where they are manufactured?

Back