• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Advenure Rider

MedicMikey

All,

So, I broke down and bought a 2018 BMW GS Adventure. It came with all 3 OEM aluminum hard cases, about $2,000 plus...

Clearwater Super Sevina LED Lights 10,000 lumens
$ 1,434.00

Billie Brake Light
$ 149.00

Super Sevina Slip on cover, clear and yellow lenses $40.00

SoundBomb™ Original Dual-Tone Air Horn - Wiring Adapter - SoundBomb to BMW OEM Harness
$82.98

AltRider Headlight Guard Kit $183.97

Wunderlich Guard Concept CamRack $158.95

RICOCHET Powder Coated ALUMINUM CRASH BAR ENGINE GUARDS $ 145.70

BMW Nav 6, $700

2,894.6 accessories
2,000 OEM panniers, top case

That's 19,000 retail price plus $4900 in additional accessories, for total retail $23,900 and I ended up paying $16,999 out the door.

HOPEFULLY this is a good buy.

Any suggestions are VERY welcome!

Mike

BMW-R1200GSA.jpgBMW-R1200GSA2.jpgBMW-R1200GSA3.jpgBMW-R1200GSA4.jpgBMW-R1200GSA5.jpgBMW-R1200GSA6.jpgBMW-R1200GSA7.jpg

Ride it! And be careful how deep you go Offroad until you're used to it. Welcome from Newfoundland.

Ok
Look on You Tube for vids on how to pick it up by yourself when you drop it, because drop it you will.

I think the safest way to avoid blowing out your back, is the back up to the bike with your butt against it, legs bent back straight as possible.

Check it out

Don't just get pissed and grab it facing it and try to wrestle it up, bad idea.
I fractured my L2 doing this pissed off method 2 years ago, that really hurt.

Then I had to ride home the next day 300 miles. That was the worst.

Nick

Nick,
Much appreciated! I know I will go down sometime on the bike. That is why I didn't want to buy a brand new GSA. I ridden full dress bikes for many years, and bit dropped one, I will remember to use my legs and bit my back.

Ok
Look on You Tube for vids on how to pick it up by yourself when you drop it, because drop it you will.

I think the safest way to avoid blowing out your back, is the back up to the bike with your butt against it, legs bent back straight as possible.

Check it out

Don't just get pissed and grab it facing it and try to wrestle it up, bad idea.
I fractured my L2 doing this pissed off method 2 years ago, that really hurt.

Then I had to ride home the next day 300 miles. That was the worst.

Nick

It's not bad once you get the hang of it. I was able to pick up my fully loaded 640 Adventure that way being very thankful of not having to unload it first. One should be careful stopping in parking lots!:ha

Back