Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018 GSA, Good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMikey View Post
    Thanks. I bought it and posted pics in previous posts.

Attachment 89503
    that thing is CLEAN! Looks well taken care of. Enjoy.
    Social Media, Newsletter, YouTube | BMWMOA Lifetime Member | MOA Board Secretary | MOA Regional Coordinator | Vermont BMW Club Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by crna59 View Post
    But trade-in would only be $14.5k..

haha, right profits and all. I'm not sure why I thought my bike was worth that much for a second.
    Social Media, Newsletter, YouTube | BMWMOA Lifetime Member | MOA Board Secretary | MOA Regional Coordinator | Vermont BMW Club Vice President

Congrats!!!!

Thanks so much! I know there is a drive shaft recall bulletin out.

Quote Originally Posted by adamchandler View Post
    I'm at 30K miles on my 2018 GSA (since I have 5 bikes, they don't all rack up the miles as fast as they should) and my GS has been problem free except the smartphone connection tech which I gave up on the first year of ownership. Just be prepared to rely on having a real GPS or smartphone mount versus using the TFT for navigation and music. It's the last year of the 1200 wethead GS which has 6+ years of production to get the kinks worked out. No shift assist issues like the 2016 and 2017 had and it's a strong clutch and probably had the splines lubed from the factory. 2018s DID have a bulletin for spoked wheels as the new supplier was ****e but that was fixed when they replaced my wheels after 500 miles when my front and rear each had over 20 loose spokes before I even got home from the dealer.

No mechanical issues with my 2018 since then and I ride it very hard (BDR, ATV trails, GS trophy qualifier, long distance touring at 80MPH) it handles it all. Oh and valves are still in spec.

I have the dealer a $500 hold as I drive from Phoenix to Vegas to check out the bike. I had a RideNow dealer in the Phoenix area sell 2 different bikes out from me while I was enroute to look at them. So, I've learned my lesson.

With this 2018 GSA and my 2016 K1600GTL Exclusive, I think I am pretty set for now.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    You did the right thing. First come (with funds) is first served. I have waited if the person calls and said they are in route with funds. However, only to the extent I’ve told any other inquiries that sale is pending for next one or two hours. If a potential buyer doesn’t understand this basic buyer/seller protocol, then I’d question their earnest.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMikey View Post
    I have the dealer a $500 hold as I drive from Phoenix to Vegas to check out the bike. I had a RideNow dealer in the Phoenix area sell 2 different bikes out from me while I was enroute to look at them. So, I've learned my lesson.

With this 2018 GSA and my 2016 K1600GTL Exclusive, I think I am pretty set for now.��
    74,000 miles on my 2017 R12100GSA and no mechanical issues. Have the dealer do the Service Enhancement check before you get there so the drain will be installed and if it fails the check they can order the new drive shaft. I automatically got the new shaft since I had over 36,000 miles.

And Congrats!
    2017 R1200GSA
    2021 R1250RT
    “I’d rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred ****heads” Charlie Beckwith

Thanks Adam! Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by adamchandler View Post
    that thing is CLEAN! Looks well taken care of. Enjoy.

I have to get a set of tires, and with 19,500 miles on the clock, the dealer is going to check out the drive shaft. I love the bike so far. The dealer was part of the "Ride Now/ Rumble On" dealer network and they suck!

Ride safe on the road, ride rough in the dirt!
    Quote Originally Posted by 60aviator View Post
    74,000 miles
    on my 2017 R12100GSA and no mechanical issues. Have the dealer do the Service Enhancement check before you get there so the drain will be installed and if it fails the check they can order the new drive shaft. I automatically got the new shaft since I had over 36,000 miles.

And Congrats!