• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

rear brake ( disc) RETRACTION SPRING goes where ?

gtgt_bangbang

well this is embarrassing - so much for the " no such thing as stupid question" theory

but I'm not seeing where the return spring for the rear brake lever , ect attaches ... '78 R100 model, any rear disc answers welcome

There is tab hanging on the linkage (linkage between pedal & master cylinder actuation lever) with a hole for one end of spring ,

but where does other / anchor end of spring normally attach ?

a top down picture from simialr angle of pix below ,
showing the overall orientation of both the linkage , the tab & the return spring
would be great, thanks in advance

bmw r100s rear disc return linkage - 1.jpeg

Looking at my 78, It looks like you should reverse the spring from the way you have it.
The other end of the spring fits into a tiny hole on the brace behind where passenger peg bolts to.
Hope that's some help.

was afraid of that ! hmm how to hide . needlessly expose spring

byjove I thinks yours right . The spring is easier to grasp for remove with long shanks rearmost.
those bauhaus kids were up to so much

There used to be 3 holes on that bracket! , but I plug welded over the rear sets holes , to tell mine in a herd
almost welded over the holes for the pack rack too before I realized what those were for ! :blush (hint rhymes w/ " White Krasuers " )

Last edited:
Back