Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tragic story in Manitoba................

A few years ago Montana began posting signs at large road construction sites. The sign advises motorcyclists to take an alternate route. Just a CYA action in my view, and tough advice to follow when the alternate route will take you 80 miles to get to someplace ten miles away.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    I am wondering a bit how one is dead, five others laid theirs down and there has been no comments about the way this group was riding.

Easy to blame the farmer/whoever was responsible for the mess but what about looking at the way this group rode together.

There is another picture here. It's freaking Manitoba during a very late harvest.

Pay attention?/!
    I can only shake my head seeing folks ride like I used to in tight( relative term) formation. One thing to be trained to do that in exhibition/competition, totally an accident waiting to happen with so many rider skill levels mixed. I was in denial of possible bad things or just falling in when I did it way back in time.

. Did it say they were side by side or just knowing it’s the standard we see regularly?
    I actually saw a group of eight on the Million Dollar Highway around Ouray recently and wished them well…. Oh, another coming off Sandia Peak in NM . Those I got past quickly!

Signs nice but can’t fix it all.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team

No one gets out alive, Live accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I crossed a numbered route yesterday and found it freshly milled (ground). This leaves the corduroy texture and the wiggly steering that some find distressing.
    No signs or the usual “Grooved Pavement. Motorcycles Use Caution” signs. No signs at all.
    Straight across was no big deal on the bike. Might have been a tricky surprise for someone taking a quick right with the 1-1/2” of asphalt missing onto the corduroy.
    OM
    Feels like big block knobbies on a lift bridge grating First time on a baby Honda at 16… Never rode over those the same since! Our grated asphalt has a diamond cut and the corduroy on some projects. All feel weird
    Steve Henson-Mod Team

No one gets out alive, Live accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Are farmers/construction companies not obligated to clean the mess they leave on the road?
    Yes they are. Unfortunately you have to call it in. And then you have to stay on top of it, because we all know how useless overpaid officials are.