Thread: Dunlop TrailMax Mission Tires

Dunlop TrailMax Mission Tires

I have had Michelin Adventure and Michelin Anakee Wilds on my 2107 GSA and didn't like either. The Adventures wore really fast (I got about 5,000 miles out of them) and really cupped even before that. The Wilds seem to work ok off road, but frankly were so noisy on road that I took them off after about 1,00 miles.

So, I went looking for somehting to replace them with and decided to try Dunlop TrailMax Missions based on favorable reviews. One reviewer referred to them as 60-60 tires as they seem to excell both on road and off road and they are supposed to last.

Well, after 6,500 miles I can tell you (a) they last - you'd still almost think they were new; and (b) they work extremely well. I've done most of my riding with them on pavement and they are great in the twisties and on super slab - their noise level is lower than the Pilot 4's I had on my RT. I've (unfortunately) also been through a couple of horrible rainstorms with them and they inspired a great deal of confidence and worked very well. I've also done a bunch of dirt roads and really liked them. I've only done a little bit of sand and mud and they are no worse than the Anakee Wilds.

Overall, I am very impressed with them and am recomending them to friends and I will buy them again. The best news is that they are significanlty cheaper (over $100 CDN bucks less) than the Anakee Adventures.

If you are looking to try something other than Michelins, give them a try.
    Bob
    2014 R1200RT (sold)
    2017 R1200 GSA

Ditto with 8,500 miles on mine.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Tough to find in 120/70-19.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Tough to find in 120/70-19.
    Impossible, at this point in time. I have an off-road class in October and will either have to go on old rubber or mount something else, something new and cheap

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST 1984 R80 G/S-PD 2010 K1300GT 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Currently I have 18K miles on my TMM's. Last year I rode from S FL to the national in MT and this year to the TOR in CO .
    My guess I'll safely will get 20K before replacing them. YMMV
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, 17 R1200RT

Replacement indicator on Adventure tires

I've got Anakee 3's on my F850GS, and its mainly for the street, and I've got the Trail Max Missions on my F850GSA, purchased mainly to go off-road. I agree with bobs 1 that they're great tires. I've only got about 500 miles on the tires. I'm fairly anal about measuring tread depth on my street bike's tires and replace them at 2/32nds " tread depth, usually both tires after one (usually the rear) hits that milestone. Adventure tires generally have much deeper depths to the spaces between tread that is in contact with the road, and I'm guessing that on those type of tires, the depth between sections that meet the road may not be the criteria for replacing. I'm guessing that maybe it is the rounding of the edges of the portions of tread that meet the road (I'm trying to cover the breadth of adventure tires) and also as they wear down. I really don't know. Some of the vids I watch, such as Itchy Boots, replace her tires with good depth still between the portions that meet the road, but seem to have more rounded edges. Does anyone know what criteria those that venture off-road frequently, or have experience in off-road on heavier middle weight and heavy weight dual sports uses? I'm assuming the criteria would be for the off-road riding, not street.

Scotty
    Scotty
    BMWMOA 201086//"Red" R1200RT //"Blue" F850GSA//
    "Green" F850GS//"Black" Virago//"Shred" S1000XR/
    /"Snow" S1000XR/"Demon" S1000XR

Bob,
    Thanks for the post. I am looking at $500 for F/R Dunlop TMM for my 2018 GSA. Since I am looking at dirt, unpaved roads, and street, I think this will be the best solution.
    Thanks again!
    Mike
    Current bikes
    2018 R1200GSA, 2016 K1600GTE
    Previous
    2003 K1200LT
    1999 Honda Shadow Touring 1100
    1991 Metric 650cc

Quote Originally Posted by bobs_one View Post
    I have had Michelin Adventure and Michelin Anakee Wilds on my 2107 GSA and didn't like either. The Adventures wore really fast (I got about 5,000 miles out of them) and really cupped even before that. The Wilds seem to work ok off road, but frankly were so noisy on road that I took them off after about 1,00 miles.

So, I went looking for somehting to replace them with and decided to try Dunlop TrailMax Missions based on favorable reviews. One reviewer referred to them as 60-60 tires as they seem to excell both on road and off road and they are supposed to last.

Well, after 6,500 miles I can tell you (a) they last - you'd still almost think they were new; and (b) they work extremely well. I've done most of my riding with them on pavement and they are great in the twisties and on super slab - their noise level is lower than the Pilot 4's I had on my RT. I've (unfortunately) also been through a couple of horrible rainstorms with them and they inspired a great deal of confidence and worked very well. I've also done a bunch of dirt roads and really liked them. I've only done a little bit of sand and mud and they are no worse than the Anakee Wilds.

Overall, I am very impressed with them and am recomending them to friends and I will buy them again. The best news is that they are significanlty cheaper (over $100 CDN bucks less) than the Anakee Adventures.

If you are looking to try something other than Michelins, give them a try.

Donlop tmm tires

2021 1250GS , got 7k miles on Michlins ,put Dulops on front and rear hoping for good results . Had to wait for front to be available .Will report back in several thousand miles .

Update

Just put the bike away with around 10,000 miles on the Dunlops. They are showing wear now (looks like about 1/2 the tread depth is gone), but still going strong. I recently managed to try them in some squirrley dirt and sand and they worked very well. I am very much impressed.
    Bob
    2014 R1200RT (sold)
    2017 R1200 GSA