• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vermont Rally PICS, Please!

Polarbear

Polarbear
When are we go'in to get the "meat and potatoes" pics of our Rally Site in Vermont? I know in past we've gotten pics of the places, beforehand. I know these are coming(I hope) and some charts of the planned Beemer Community there. We're getting "Anxious". Better feed us some more Rally stuff, "powers that be". We're "Rally Cannibals" out here, and we're crawling from our winter caves. Feed us the good stuff, baby...... :eat

Greetings,

There will be a large amount of information including some photos, recommended routes and more on the website in about 10 days.

Best,

Thanks a ton

Thanx Rob, I suspected these were forthcoming, as usual. Your work and others is sincerely appreciated. Randy13233

Statdawg said:
The resolution is very good and the picture is a Fair in pogress. I hope to get near the shade tree on the right.

It always amazes me that everyone wants a shady campsite. After ten o'clock at night, all campsites are in the shade!!! I'm not travelling all the way to Vermont to sit around on my butt in the shade sipping beers and reading a newpaper. I finally bought a Kermit Chair and took it to only one rally because I want to go go go go! I want to ride around and see things, visit the vendors, go to tech sessions, sneak into the airhead tent (I sold my airheads but still like the ambiance) and see what is going on, visit the beer tent. There is so much to do! Why sit in front of your tent all weekend? :wave

Fritzc said:
It always amazes me that everyone wants a shady campsite. After ten o'clock at night, all campsites are in the shade!!! I'm not travelling all the way to Vermont to sit around on my butt in the shade sipping beers and reading a newpaper. I finally bought a Kermit Chair and took it to only one rally because I want to go go go go! I want to ride around and see things, visit the vendors, go to tech sessions, sneak into the airhead tent (I sold my airheads but still like the ambiance) and see what is going on, visit the beer tent. There is so much to do! Why sit in front of your tent all weekend? :wave

I hear ya loud n clear!

I will admit that if possible I do like a shady campsite. Sometime around Friday afternoon I find a little nap does wonders and having some shade makes napping or just taking a moment to relax much nicer.

Unfortunately lots of shade trees and a proper venue don't always match up. Last year was the exception, in Vermont there is plenty of shade along the sides however much of the prime camping is in a field.

Prior to Spokane I decided that the best solution was to bring my own shade in the form of a MSR Parawing.

I had it shipped directly to the rally site and in the heat of Spokane it was a real life saver. It is nice to not worry about trying to compete for a shady site. Since Spokane I have taken my wing all over, it is great to have not only for shade but for rain as well. It packs to the size of a larger two man tent and weighs around 8lbs on the bike. I don't carry it on every trip but for longer tours it has proven to be well worth having.

While the Parawing is in my opinion the best, there are many others available at a good value. If you absolutely positively want to count on a shady spot at any MOA rally bringing your own is the best solution.

If you don't want to carry this on the bike I highly recommend taking advantage of the UPS service at the rally for shipping stuff to and from the rally site.

Best,

Rob Nye said:
I hear ya loud n clear!

I will admit that if possible I do like a shady campsite. Sometime around Friday afternoon I find a little nap does wonders and having some shade makes napping or just taking a moment to relax much nicer.

Unfortunately lots of shade trees and a proper venue don't always match up. Last year was the exception, in Vermont there is plenty of shade along the sides however much of the prime camping is in a field.

Prior to Spokane I decided that the best solution was to bring my own shade in the form of a MSR Parawing.

I had it shipped directly to the rally site and in the heat of Spokane it was a real life saver. It is nice to not worry about trying to compete for a shady site. Since Spokane I have taken my wing all over, it is great to have not only for shade but for rain as well. It packs to the size of a larger two man tent and weighs around 8lbs on the bike. I don't carry it on every trip but for longer tours it has proven to be well worth having.

While the Parawing is in my opinion the best, there are many others available at a good value. If you absolutely positively want to count on a shady spot at any MOA rally bringing your own is the best solution.

If you don't want to carry this on the bike I highly recommend taking advantage of the UPS service at the rally for shipping stuff to and from the rally site.

Best,

Hey Rob,
Is there any info out there yet about the UPS option?

TrailingJack said:
Hey Rob,
Is there any info out there yet about the UPS option?

To ship items to the rally address as follows:

BMW MOA Rally / Your name
Champlain Valley Exposition Center
105 Pearl Street (Route 15)
Essex Junction, VT 05453

If you are shipping stuff you packed it would help to put your name on the box near the label with a magic marker in nice big letters.

Best,

Rob Nye

Rob Nye said:
To ship items to the rally address as follows:

BMW MOA Rally / Your name
Champlain Valley Exposition Center
105 Pearl Street (Route 15)
Essex Junction, VT 05453

If you are shipping stuff you packed it would help to put your name on the box near the label with a magic marker in nice big letters.

Best,

Rob Nye

Is this UPS only or can you use FedEx and/or DHL?

Back