• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 BMW R1250RT Seat

fwhite

I have found the OEM seat on my R 1250 RT to be very uncomfortable after about 45 min. I have tried a Corbin seat and Seth Lam seat to no avail. Does anyone have a really good comfortable seat vendor or seat recommendation? I have used RDL in the past for my Street Glide but not on the RT.

I think you answered your own question.

^That's probably right^^

It seems strange, but the stock seat truly sucks.

I have an RDL for my RT, pretty comfortable for long rides. For 2-up rides I have a Sargent "low" seat that I swap for the front seat, I leave the RDL pillion because it's quite comfortable for her. I do this because when we're 2-up the extra height from the suspension puts me on my toes when stopped. The Sargent lets me flat foot, much more stability at stops or on ground that's not level. The Sargent gets pretty uncomfortable after a couple hours, but not like the 30 minute seat that BMW provided.

I’ve had a BMS rocky Meyers seat for 4 years after trying a couple different seats I’am satisfied with the BMS seat. I know Rocky has passed but the crew in Ventura Ca still make great seats, if your in the area you can arrange a ride in

I have found the OEM seat on my R 1250 RT to be very uncomfortable after about 45 min. I have tried a Corbin seat and Seth Lam seat to no avail. Does anyone have a really good comfortable seat vendor or seat recommendation? I have used RDL in the past for my Street Glide but not on the RT.

RDL Sport Seat. The smaller version looks much better on the RT. So long as you are not a larger person the smaller version is more than enough. I tried Corbins and doing some of my own adjustments in the past, RDL is the way to go. I went with leather but would suggest getting the rain cover if going that route, I didn't take into account overnight parking when on road trips.

I have the Russell Sport Seat as well and find it very comfortable, the smaller size looks good on the bike.

I had a Sargent on my prior bike and had no complaints about it either.

I've been a customer of both Corbin and Sargent and have been completely satisfied with their products but...
I just had my RS seat raised two inches by a local auto upholstery expert. He used the same density of foam as the original and shaped the seat per my request. When I picked it up he said if I needed it tweaked he'd be happy to re-do it for me. Wow...
It looks stone stock, feels great and cost a sum total of $180 including taxes. Saved me a tonne of money and the seat was ready in two days.

My recommendation is to explore the talents of your local craftsmen; they might surprise you.

Love my Sargent seat!!

For what they cost compared to others they can't be beat. I put a Sargent seat on my 2014RT and used it on my 2018RT until I traded it in , the seat has over 200K miles on it and is still in use by my brother on his 2018RT. I finally bought a new one when I bought my 2021RT. Best seat I've ever ridden on!!

Had an excellent, comfortable, and great looking custom Baldwin saddle on my (former) Concours 14. Rode coast-to-coast and an Iron Butt on it with no complaints or blood clots. FWIW I have the Option 719 seat on my 2021 RT and actually find it very comfortable.

I have the BMW option 719 seat for my 1250RT and it is much more comfortable than the stock seat. Can't explain why, it just is.IMG_2001.jpeg

I went through the same exact pain as you, and ended up replacing OEM with the Sargent performance plus. No one can truly solve this for you. Your ass is unique to you. Not to mention other factors like existing lower back issues or whatever.

I have not looked personally, but in the event that you buy a seat and it's not right for you- maybe you can return seats to Sargent or Russell if you buy a simple "standard" configuration? One that they sell on a daily basis. My Sargent was basically the default config with silver welt. They sell a handful of these probably every day. Orange Alligator w/ Pink welt? Not so much. :) That said- the likelihood that you would need to return a Sargent is exceedingly low.

Have 2022 R1250RS. Same OEM seat as RT?

Back