• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Stodge 2022

oldcamper

Hanging in there
Anyone know the rally fee for Stodge 2022, or what’s on the menu for Fri and Sat night?
I’m getting an MOAF password request for the registration page.

I shot a text to my friend who is in the club - I'll let you know what he says (assuming he doesn't post here). I couldn't get the registration to work either...

He said online registration closed last week - $50 at the gate to register (which was the same price online). "Chicken Friday, Pork Saturday"

Have fun!! If you haven't been, it's a great rally location - walk downtown to Deb's Brewtopia for good beer - free fire wood all weekend - the list goes on!

Thanks!

FWIW, the old stone bridge across the Turkey river was closed for serious repair a few weeks ago.
I had to ride downriver from the park a bit to cross over the river to get to Main street.

Do you have any idea what Stodge attendance is these days? Back in the 80’s in Keith’s back yard it was huge, but the Windmill, county fairgrounds, and Amana venues were not as popular. I went back to Keith’s old property in Coralville some years ago. It was an upscale housing development then. The house, barn, showers, cookhouse, and bandshell were gone and it was hard to even imagine where any of it once was, but among some tall pines the old green milk truck was still there! I wonder if it still is ....

The last couple of years the attendance has been in the 120-200 range, seems about typical for this area (Hiawatha Rally in MN, Dells Rally in WI)

Dempster's was way before my time - but I heard it was pretty crazy! :drink

I went to the rally several times at Demsters and it was always a good time. Seems like attendance was 400-450 in the 1990s. I went a couple times at the next location (Windmills?) but could see attendance dropping. Rallys used to be big events, I guess folks have other things to do now.

I went to the rally several times at Demsters and it was always a good time. Seems like attendance was 400-450 in the 1990s. I went a couple times at the next location (Windmills?) but could see attendance dropping. Rallys used to be big events, I guess folks have other things to do now.

Declining attendance at local rallies seems to be a trend. Twenty or so years ago the attendance at the Land of Oz (Kansas City Club) Rally was always between 300 and 400. The last one I attended had 84 people. The rally at the Sipapu Ski Area in New Mexico used to regularly top 200 persons. It was in the 80s this year. At its peak the Iowa Rally at Keith's place almost always exceeded 800 folks and occasionally topped 1,000.

Last edited:
Declining attendance at local rallies seems to be a trend. Twenty or so years ago the attendance at the Land of Oz (Kansas City Club) Rally was always between 300 and 400. The last one I attended had 84 people. The rally at the Sipapu Ski Area in New Mexico used to regularly top200 persons. It was in the 80s this year. At its peak the Iowa Rally at Keith's place almost always exceeded 800 folks and occasionally topped 1,000.

Which is why we need to keep inviting more friends - fellow riders, non-BMW riders, people thinking about riding, etc.! Many of these local rallies struggle to break even, so even another 10 people signing up can help a lot. Plus, you'll have more people to buy you a beer after the day is over! :clap

I just got back yesterday. Last attendance figures were 159. Despite the weather forecast, it barely rained with a sprinkle here and there.

This was my second time at the Elkader location and I think it's a perfect combo of excellent park facilities, wonderful riding throughout NE IA / driftless region of SW Wisconsin, and a perfect time of year for camping. Pure Stodge does a bang up job of rolling out the hospitality and putting on a really nice Fall rally.

Mark

Back