• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CA Hwy J 41

We were going to take Sherman Pass on our way from Yosemite to Palmdale a few weeks ago. We talked to a few of the lodges along the way and were told to be extra careful. Many of those mountain highways have gravel and dirt from the recent thunderstorms.

From Colorado to LA will you be taking the E.T. Highway or going through Panamint Valley?

VVtac
Going the scenic route from Telluride, I'm in no hurry thank God.
Here, Paradox Co, La Sal,Monticello& Blanding Ut. West to Hite Ut, Hanksville Torrey for the night

Torrey Hwy 12 to Boulder Escalante, Panguitch Cedar Breaks, Parowan, Parowan Gap, Cedar City, West to Panaca Nv and the night at Caliente Nv

West to Rachel, Tonopah, South to Oasis and west over Westgard Pass Ca into the Owens valley.
Down 395 through Lone Pine then west over Sherman pass to Johnsondale down to Lake Isabella to Lamont Maricopa Ojai Oxnard Hwy 1 to Venice Beach. I'll have another night out on this last leg somewhere. I found a couple of charming places to stay in Lake Isabella, maybe there.
Not sure of my route home -depends on the weather at the time
Nick

On my trip out to LA I rode 2 new passes for me.
Westgard Pass
This is south of Tonopah Nv west of 96 onto 266 to Oasis to 168 to Big Pine Ca.
Nice road, super scenic at one point it narrows down to 1 lane going through the White Mt range.

Sherwin Pass road J 41 from south of Little Lake Ca on 395 west.
Very scenic and nice condition.
Up on top your near the Giant Forest trees and the trees are large! Beautiful forest in great shape.
Really rural very few cars. Go prepared.
It goes quite a ways north through Kennedy Meadows and you get a unique view of the Mt Whitney massif.
I'd like to camp up there some time and do some hiking, looks great.
Nick

VVtac
Going the scenic route from Telluride, I'm in no hurry thank God.
Here, Paradox Co, La Sal,Monticello& Blanding Ut. West to Hite Ut, Hanksville Torrey for the night

Torrey Hwy 12 to Boulder Escalante, Panguitch Cedar Breaks, Parowan, Parowan Gap, Cedar City, West to Panaca Nv and the night at Caliente Nv

West to Rachel, Tonopah, South to Oasis and west over Westgard Pass Ca into the Owens valley.
Down 395 through Lone Pine then west over Sherman pass to Johnsondale down to Lake Isabella to Lamont Maricopa Ojai Oxnard Hwy 1 to Venice Beach. I'll have another night out on this last leg somewhere. I found a couple of charming places to stay in Lake Isabella, maybe there.
Not sure of my route home -depends on the weather at the time
Nick
Greenhorn Summit. You wanna go over that. Seriously.

Back