• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2000 R1100R iPhone mount and charger recommendations

franzmeier

I just picked up a 2000 R1100r and am looking for recommendations on a good mount and charger for an IPhone 13 pro.

RAM used to make a ball mount that would screw in on top of the front brake master cylinder lid. My 1996 RT has one that was installed by the previous owner. Not sure if they still make it now.

Not this one!

FWIW I installed this mount from Ram this season and do not recommend it:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ram-mounts-gas-tank-mount-bmw-kawasaki?sku_id=1215602

Fit and finish is fine enough but it vibrates really badly and it appears that it damaged my iPhone [camera view/pic is wobbly and won't take clear pics except in selfie mode, thankfully :laugh]

I have a traditional mount on my Duc and it works fine; advise something that sits firmly on the bike vs suspended in the air like this.

YMMV!

Every part of an R1100 vibrates when the motor is running. The end weights on the handlebars bring that down quite a bit at the hand grips. I've mounted an Android phone on my R1150RT on the clutch reservoir and it has not vibrated much at all.

Fit and finish is fine enough but it vibrates really badly and it appears that it damaged my iPhone [camera view/pic is wobbly and won't take clear pics except in selfie mode, thankfully :laugh]

Repeated exposure to excessive vibration and and resulting camera problems have been documented before.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212803

I think that the iPhone being on during the vibration is the problem as it’s constantly trying to “correct” itself.

Probably just fine in a shirt or jacket breast pocket.

OM

Back