• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No Room at the Inn

I have a suite at the Black Bear Inn. Some others are staying there as well. It is not on the list.

www.blkbearinn.com

There are a lot more resorts in the area than what is on the list. Plus there is always camping at the site.

Brian

Check local chamber of commerce websites for lodging lists. Ask the ones that are booked if you can get on a waiting list. As it gets closer to rally time peoples plans change and rooms come available.
There will be plenty of camping onsite.

Camp Meade

Try Camp Meade - some riders I know are staying there. It's about 25 miles from the rally site, but an easy ride right off Rt 100 and and the interstate, close to some of the best riding. Private compound, pool, fire pit, restaurant on site for breakfast and lunch. Don't let the web page fool you! :thumb :thumb

Last edited:
Just to let others know that there was one room left at the Howard Johnson's left as of yesterday evening. One king size bed - smoking room (sorry if this offends some in our community)

Jean

Richmond?

Wow. Richmond has really come up in the world. Next thing you know there will be a Hampton or Marriott moving in. It certainly is convenient to the rally site and lots of great riding.

No chain motels here, or will there likely be. We did move up in the world a few years back and put in a traffic light!

Yes, the Inn is close to the Round Church. The big barn (Monitor Barn) was rebuild by the historical or land trust groups. It now serves as home to the Vermont Youth Conservation Group. May be a meeting place also. Beautiful building.

Though I would prefer to be camped on site, this year my wife will be with me and she requires better lodging, so we booked a room for the duration at the T-bird Motor Inn on Route 7 just south of Burlington in Shelburne.
phone: 800=335=5029
www.t-birdmotorinn.com

Here is a tip which may work for some...

Get a couple of people together and rent a camping trailer for delivery on-site.

You wind up with a fully operational unit complete with a shower. Water and electrical hook ups are available and if you are not on a site with a sewer connection there will be a truck coming by for pumpouts.

It is also nice to have a kitchen with a fridge to keep the beverages cold.

You can rent small trailers all the way up to a 40' that will sleep 8. I did this in Rhinbeck and will be doing it again in Vermont.

When it is all said and done it is a little more pricy than a room 30 miles away but if you like the full rally experience without camping it is a great option.

Rob Nye said:
rent a camping trailer for delivery on-site.
I been checking and so far there's only one place that rents in the area. They have 1 - 31' motorhome available for that weekend. For Wednesday-Sunday it would be $932. Then there's the the CV Expo charges. It will sleep eight,,,, four of you better reeeealy like each other!

Back