• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 GT speaker removal?

3putt

I just bought a 2022 GT and want to take out the speakers. Has anyone disassembled the dash on the new TFT version?

Can I have your speakers for my 2014 GT? Jus wonderin?

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

el Presidente :jose
mailto: president@bmwmoal.org
:beer

There are no visible screws and the speakers are different, nothing like my RT or older K bikes. I think I'll start with the windshield and see what's-what.

There are no visible screws and the speakers are different, nothing like my RT or older K bikes. I think I'll start with the windshield and see what's-what.

3putt, did you figure out how to remove the speakers? I'm going to install mirror mounts for lights on my 2022 K1600GT and I have to remove the speakers to remove the mirrors. Looks like a couple of screws are behind the TFT screen, which raises the question of whether the TFT must be removed along with other stuff. I think as you discovered, instructions pertaining to 2020 and earlier models don't apply to 2021 and 2022 models.

Someone on the K16 board has done it. I think you remove the TFT and then you can see the screws. The poster on K16 was asking if the speaker front snaps in.

I finally figured out how to remove the speaker grill. For whatever reason, BMW uses screws, two spring clips, and a plastic tab to attach and align the grill to the dash. Here's a photo showing the two holes where the springs clips insert and where the plastic tab inserts (lower right). Once you remove the screws you pull the grill straight out. You have to use a bit of effort. Take your time to properly align the grill when installing.

IMG_0044.jpg

Here's a GREAT video for installing mirror brackets on a '22 GT; e.g. speaker removal is part of procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VsFKdKNJAQ

Duane

That guy makes some good videos.

FWIW, for those removing the TFT screen, as you'll note there is a large electrical plug and a small one that you disconnect. The small plug on mine was cracked during assembly by BMW! I noticed the problem after I pulled it out and thanked my lucky stars it hadn't come apart in the socket. I'm not even sure you can buy the individual plug from BMW. Anyway, I managed to glue mine together and so far it's held. Moral of this story...inspect the plug for any hairline cracks.

Back