• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

86 K75 C ( I think). 12k miles.

My 2nd K bike. Previously owned a K100. Attempting to get her in good shape. Found a break in vacuum hose in the wire loom. Trimmed back and now running much better. I’m thinking she just needs to be risen a lot and keep running good gas and cleaners thru fuel to clean injectors good.
Couple questions- where can I obtain engine guards?
2) this bike has the headlight housed in a pod. Does that make this a C model?
3) what’s the best clear or smoked windscreen out there that will work with this headlight housing? There are a few on Amazon that look ok but IDK.
4) I am considering getting a headlight modulator to be seen better. Ideas on that?
5) considering getting some PIAA type lights. I’m good mechanically but electrical is not strong suit. Anybody have success with a certain brand. There are some cheap ones out there for sure!
Thanks in advance!
Jeff 86 K 75
KC Missouri

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!

I can only help with a couple of your questions.

2. Yes, if your bike is an ‘86 US K75 it would be a C model. They sold K75Ss in the US in mid ‘86, but those were sold as ‘87 models. All the rest were C models. Cs came with either a simple headlight surround (like the K100 standard) or a body colored handlebar mounted “bikini” fairing that had a small windscreen and had the turnsignal arms molded into it.

4. Can be a valuable addition. I recommend Kisan brand.

https://kisantech.com/p115w.html

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!

I can only help with a couple of your questions.

2. Yes, if your bike is an ‘86 US K75 it would be a C model. They sold K75Ss in the US in mid ‘86, but those were sold as ‘87 models. All the rest were C models.

Or - The elusive "T" model.

Paul,

You need to tell him what windscreen to use, since you've ridden similar bikes forever.

If it was a T it wouldhave the engine guards (crash bars).

Jeff,

Your bike doesn't have the mounts for the engine guards does it?

Paul,

You need to tell him what windscreen to use, since you've ridden similar bikes forever.

If it was a T it wouldhave the engine guards (crash bars).

Jeff,

Your bike doesn't have the mounts for the engine guards does it?

The best windshield is the one BMW calls/called the International Shield. Ask a dealer.

Mine is a 86 "C" model. The mini fairing mounts onto a bracket that mounts to the upper fork tubes. For that fairing the only aftermarket windscreen available now is from Gustafsson in Florida.
It does take some fitting (drill for attachment holes and heat gun to adjust it to a proper fit). This is a Gustafsson +6" and stock screen for comparison. Along with the factory screen with a Laminar Lip and just the Gustafsson.

7ac7cc5109b4e12ab46ee7212e20de81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back