• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Amazon total donations to BMWMOA foundation

brownie0486

Got this in my inbox this afternoon. Not bad, maybe more members will do the same in the future

AmazonSmile has donated:

$4,851.54 to BMW Motorcycle Owners of America - MOA Foundation*

To each their own, but I think there are far more worthy charitable organizations than motorcycle clubs.

Last edited:
To each their own, but I think there are far more worthy charitable organizations then a motorcycle club.

That is true, but hopefully this is not your only charitable donation. We have several places that end up with our money and what we would designate to Amazon would not be a large part of the total. It may be an interesting thread to see what charities members think are better than others. One of my favorites is the Army. The Salvation Army. They pinch a penny farther than most. By the way, the BMW OA Foundation works towards educating safe riders. Wouldn't be nice if sates did something besides issue basic licenses and plates? Just Sayin.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Has the BMWMOA received these donations? Perhaps one of the head honchos could verify the donations are making it to the coffers.

Beautiful pups…the best things in life are free. Like the love you receive from grateful animal companions. I got these two guys last summer, along with my 1150RS, one of the best decisions of my lifeView attachment 88855

Looks like you have two Tuxedo Cats. One of our two formerly feral cats is a Tuxedo. Always talking, demanding attention and inserting himself in every situation. I can only imagine how much fun having two would be.

That money means 20 more people can become motorcycle riders or take training that improves their skills. With motorcycle fatalities and injuries still high, $5000 goes a long way to keeping us safe. Seeing the foundation at work, every single person on that team lives and breathes motorcycle training and safety. I'm sure they appreciate even these passive donations from our members just clicking a link when buying via Amazon.

Looking at it this way, people are just doing their thing buying toilet paper and shaving cream and 1-3 % goes to rider training. Passive giving on the backs of Amazon's already high margins is a good thing. Every bit counts. There are a LOT of Amazon smile charities you can give to and not everyone gives to the foundation but I don't see this at all as a negative.

Seems some can only see the “-“ (negative) part of any “+” (positive) sign. Keep up the good work.

That is true, but hopefully this is not your only charitable donation. We have several places that end up with our money and what we would designate to Amazon would not be a large part of the total. It may be an interesting thread to see what charities members think are better than others. One of my favorites is the Army. The Salvation Army. They pinch a penny farther than most. By the way, the BMW OA Foundation works towards educating safe riders. Wouldn't be nice if sates did something besides issue basic licenses and plates? Just Sayin.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Many states offer both basic and advanced rider training. Idaho, where I live, does both, but at a cost. As an MOA member you can request up to $250 from the BMW MOA Foundation in the form of a Paul B. Scholarship to offset the costs of professional rider training..

That money means 20 more people can become motorcycle riders or take training that improves their skills. With motorcycle fatalities and injuries still high, $5000 goes a long way to keeping us safe. Seeing the foundation at work, every single person on that team lives and breathes motorcycle training and safety. I'm sure they appreciate even these passive donations from our members just clicking a link when buying via Amazon.

Looking at it this way, people are just doing their thing buying toilet paper and shaving cream and 1-3 % goes to rider training. Passive giving on the backs of Amazon's already high margins is a good thing. Every bit counts. There are a LOT of Amazon smile charities you can give to and not everyone gives to the foundation but I don't see this at all as a negative.

+1! :clap

I got an email today that provided the quarterly donation to the charity I selected (Shriners Children’s Hospital). It was $28,000. Even more impressive we’re these figures the email provided:

“ So far, AmazonSmile has donated:

- $437,560.31 to Shriners Children's

- Over $355 million to US charities

- Over $403 million to charities worldwide”

I got an email today that provided the quarterly donation to the charity I selected (Shriners Children’s Hospital). It was $28,000. Even more impressive we’re these figures the email provided:

“ So far, AmazonSmile has donated:

- $437,560.31 to Shriners Children's

- Over $355 million to US charities

- Over $403 million to charities worldwide”

Red Cross received 2.8 billion in donations in 2020. Shriners is a pittance compared to other organizations that take donations world wide [ unlike the bmwmoa which has a finite number of members who MIGHT donate.

IMO, neither shriners nor the Red Cross need more donations from me. On the other hand, the bmwmoa can use all the help they can get to support the organization.

Red Cross received 2.8 billion in donations in 2020. Shriners is a pittance compared to other organizations that take donations world wide [ unlike the bmwmoa which has a finite number of members who MIGHT donate.

IMO, neither shriners nor the Red Cross need more donations from me. On the other hand, the bmwmoa can use all the help they can get to support the organization.

I agree with you, but just so everyone is clear, the Amazon donations are for the BMW MOA Foundation - NOT the BMW MOA. These are two distinct organizations. The Foundation's mission is it to support increased advanced rider training and education.

I agree with you, but just so everyone is clear, the Amazon donations are for the BMW MOA Foundation - NOT the BMW MOA. These are two distinct organizations. The Foundation's mission is it to support increased advanced rider training and education.

Understood, and that amount as Adam mentioned, represents more riders get a discount on training. Every little bit helps someone be a better rider/ambassador. It's also a tax exempt foundation.

Back