• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

camping

Yup. Pretty much the whole place is available for camping. Of course, they have "party all night" and "go to bed early" apart from each other. :ha

Grand, I made reservations at Camp Carmi and then saw how far away it was. guess I'll change my reservations. I wanna be where the action is!

I'm new to camping and BMW. Where do I find info on the campsites at the location?

Thanks,

Chris
2005 BMW R1200RT

calberto said:
I'm new to camping and BMW. Where do I find info on the campsites at the location?

Thanks,

Chris
2005 BMW R1200RT

Just pull in and pick a spot. No reservations are necessary as we've got the whole place to ourselves.

Oh! And welcome aboard!

dave

KBasa said:
Just pull in and pick a spot. No reservations are necessary as we've got the whole place to ourselves.

Oh! And welcome aboard!

dave

Excellent thanks.

Being new to camping, is there some etiquette I should know about saving a spot next to me for a friend arriving later in the week? I guess I plan on arriving Wed afternoon, he won't be in until Friday afternoon.

Chris
2005 R1200RT

Sometimes you can park your bike in a spot that would be big enough for a tent or you can leave some space between you and the next person that you could squeeze a tent in.

Here's a pic from last years rally - it kind of gives you the idea of what the camping looks like. It's a lot of fun to camp!!!

Good Luck!

Tina

Attachments

• lima tents.jpg
    lima tents.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 232
calberto said:
Excellent thanks.

Being new to camping, is there some etiquette I should know about saving a spot next to me for a friend arriving later in the week? I guess I plan on arriving Wed afternoon, he won't be in until Friday afternoon.

Chris
2005 R1200RT

There are a few ways to do it, but usually the most polite way to do it is to park your bike in the spot for your friend. Most people also ask before pitching tent to make sure it is okay to do it.

Having said that, the Rally doesn't open until Thursday.

Your rally fee includes camping, and the live music, and the seminars, and the camaraderie. Lessee, what did I forget?

manicmechanic said:
Your rally fee includes camping, and the live music, and the seminars, and the camaraderie. Lessee, what did I forget?

Tirekicking, bench racing, door prizes, and more motorcycles then you can shake a stick at it.

Back