• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ice & Fire - Father/Son join motorcycle tour in Iceland - July 2022

Screenshot 2022-08-03 205633.jpg

In 1973 I was stationed with the Navy in Iceland for a year. During that time due to poor roads and restrictions on where service men were allowed to travel in the country I only got to see the southwest corned of this amazing country. In 2019 my son Christian was starting the last tour of his Coast Guard career with a posting to Washington DC. That would give him time to do a father(72)-son(42) adventure and I though Iceland would be the perfect place, so we booked an Edelweiss bike tour for July of 2020. We all know what happened next! Fast forward to July of 2022 when travel was possible again and on July 14th we both arrived in Iceland for what turned out to be one of the most rewarding two weeks I have ever spend with him and on a bike. BLOG of the Tour https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/blog/?p=33759138493.jpeg

I can't say enough about how great our guides Tom and Thomas were, how well organized the tour was, or how amazing the riding was. I will say it was worth every penny spent and the memories and friends made will last the rest of my life.

IMG-20220722-WA0001.jpgP7170262.jpg

Additional Pictures

Last edited:
Good 4 U, RWA et Mr. Christian!

Your family is kinda special that way; ADVenture riding in - of all places - Iceland!

I’ve been there, but only an overnight stop on Icelandic Airlines in the past century. But I have enjoyed an Edelweiss Tour in my past. I was in fact on one of their tours from Nice, FR up to Munich when 9/11 occurred. We stopped for gas in Lichtenstein that day, when the events were showing on the TV {but I digress}.

Hope U & the lad will enjoy some more ADVentures together in the years ahead. There are so many sites to see here in the US. Get over to Utah with your National Parks Passport! Try this Adventure by yourself if U must: >> https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/ <<

Thanks for your service - been there & done that. :usa

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back