Thread: getting a left over 2021 R18, picking up October

getting a left over 2021 R18, picking up October

Between the price discount off MSRP, BMW rebate of $3,500 plus BMW 6 payments equaling around $2k along with 90 days deferment until payments start plus .9% financing I had to plug the trigger and get a leftover 2021 R18 base model.

No cruise but has the other options. Love the black and white pen stripping. Have other bike if I ever tour again. This base R18 will just be for local rides of less than 100 miles a day I figure.

It might be my last BMW bike purchase, turning 65 this month so figure go big or go home

Hoping a well padded seat will allow me to deal with the limited 3.5" rear suspension travel.

Riding Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by motor4 View Post
    Between the price discount off MSRP, BMW rebate of $3,500 plus BMW 6 payments equaling around $2k along with 90 days deferment until payments start plus .9% financing I had to plug the trigger and get a leftover 2021 R18 base model.

No cruise but has the other options. Love the black and white pen stripping. Have other bike if I ever tour again. This base R18 will just be for local rides of less than 100 miles a day I figure.

It might be my last BMW bike purchase, turning 65 this month so figure go big or go home

Hoping a well padded seat will allow me to deal with the limited 3.5" rear suspension travel.
    I got my R18 Classic nearly a year ago…. Delivery date was Dec 7, 2021. I truly love this bike & have put more miles on it this year than my GS…. And no overnight trips yet!

Two big things in the early days of having the bike that help with comfort:

• Make sure you set the preload for your weight
    • Replace the stock seat. I use the Weekender

Good luck and I hope it’s a good fit for your riding needs. I admire BMW for just building whatever the **** they want to.

But honestly, five incentives on one model? Motorcycle incentives are rare enough but five? Doesn’t this scream that it’s a dud and not selling?
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -- Mark Twain

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    Good luck and I hope it’s a good fit for your riding needs. I admire BMW for just building whatever the **** they want to.
    That's what manufactures do. If they read this forum, they may have gone out of business long ago?

But honestly, five incentives on one model? Motorcycle incentives are rare enough but five? Doesn’t this scream that it’s a dud and not selling?
    What better way to buy a new motorcycle? Brand new, perhaps if there is an exile tax it will be less as the purchase is a leftover and a lower seat height .

I hope he throughly enjoys and has good luck with the new ride. Hope he posts up how he likes it.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    That's what manufactures do. If they read this forum, they may have gone out of business long ago?
    OM
    Thread Hijack:
    Question - What brand is the best selling car in the European Union?
    Answer - Tesla

Back to regular scheduled programming.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

So the EU hasn't heard about all the recalls regarding the electronics...
    Folks out here snatched them up when they first came out, and the factory still has backorders to fill, but I'm guessing that it's more of a status symbol than a desire to drive green.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Thread Hijack:
    Question - What brand is the best selling car in the European Union?
    Answer - Tesla

Back to regular scheduled programming.
    I hope Elon enjoys it while he can because after he bankrupts Twitter in about another month, and the creditors come looking for the $35 Billion or so that they loaned him to purchase it, they’re gonna look to leverage his companies.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    I hope Elon enjoys it while he can because after he bankrupts Twitter in about another month, and the creditors come looking for the $35 Billion or so that they loaned him to purchase it, they’re gonna look to leverage his companies.
    My whole point was, and is, that while we read all of the reasons electric vehicles won't work here on this Forum, reality is zooming right on past us.

It was in response to this, posted above: "That's what manufactures do. If they read this forum, they may have gone out of business long ago? "
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    My whole point was, and is, that while we read all of the reasons electric vehicles won't work here on this Forum, reality is zooming right on past us.

It was in response to this, posted above: "That's what manufactures do. If they read this forum, they may have gone out of business long ago? "
    I wasn’t picking on you or your comment.
    My comment was just about the genius engineer and the ****ty businessman..(Same person)