• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena app and the TFT

Morning, all- are any of you (2021+ RT) using the TFT and the Sena App? Meaning- did you use the Sena app to pair the TFT to the Sena unit? My whole environment has changed or is about to.. I'm on a MacBook now, and I have a Schuby C5 with built in SC2 coming pretty soon.

FYI- not having any specific problems right now- just the random glitches that can be found with an older version of the TFT software. That should also be updated here in .. oh a month or so.. Got about 600 to next service.

What I was thinking is-

Pair phone to TFT (like it is now)
Then maybe use Sena app and pair the TFT to the unit?

This might not even matter. I'm not using the app now- I had that Sena Utility manager installed on a windows laptop previously. Seemed like I could make a lot of adjustments on that utility. The Sena site has the same utility via a Mac download, so I figure I should be able to at least maintain what I had before.

I'll throw this out there without any real expectations. So I'm 2 versions behind on TFT software right this minute. So yes- random WIFI disconnects, fails to resume or do anything that common sense would provide for... and all that. But there are two standout things that annoy me to NO end.

1> It was working fine- until it wasn't. Album art displayed on the TFT. Worked for months without issue. Now- it mostly doesn't work at all- save a few random occurrences where- boom there it is... for a minute. LOL... Probably got broken by some Apple update.

2> I cannot make this damn thing connect to the wifi on it's own for anything. I have checked settings and permissions on everything. The connected app. The wifi settings. They are all configured the way they should be. But I still have to stop the app from it's initial attempt to connect- (it will not work/ time out) and then hit it once more. Upon that second tap- the phone immediately knows what's up and asks me if I want to connect to this wifi.. (grrrrrrrr) Hopefully the .50 update will correct this as well.

Connecting to WiFi

If you are near your home wifi and have your devise to search for any open wifi, try the same connection a few hundred ft from your home wifi and see if it connects first time. The first time you try it may recognize your home wifi first and attempt to connect to that. I find if I get 40 ft away from the house wifi mine connects immediately. I just updated to 050 but worked on 040 same as on 050 when connecting to wifi.

I have a Schuberth C5 and use the Schuberth/Sena Bluethooth unit SC2. If you have the SC2 you need to use https://www.schuberth.com/us/products/motorbikes/communication-systems/sc2.html not the Sena app, it's looks the same and has the same functions.

SO are you paired as follows?

Phone to TFT , then TFT to the SC2 via the SC2 app?

I guess I'm asking if the SC2 app will pick up the TFT's Bluetooth request without issue. I was concerned that it might be obsessed with pairing the SC2 directly to the phone- which I DON'T want.

SO are you paired as follows?

Phone to TFT , then TFT to the SC2 via the SC2 app?

I guess I'm asking if the SC2 app will pick up the TFT's Bluetooth request without issue. I was concerned that it might be obsessed with pairing the SC2 directly to the phone- which I DON'T want.

Yes. My phone is a Galaxy S10, it's paired to the TFT, the SC2 is paired to the TFT as rider 1. I also have the phone paired to the SC2 as a second pairing.

Back