• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Praise for Hermy's (BMW Dealer)

I'm grateful to live 60 miles away on some mostly nice backroads from Hermy's BMW.

I brought my (well-worn) F650GS in for some work and was told it would take (at least) all day. The service tech asked, "Would I like a loaner?"

I usually wait for any work to be done but this time a loaner seemed like a nice idea.

I was given a 2015 BMW F800R. It's not a bike I ever thought I'd like. BUT I LOVE IT! It's very light, very stable, handles wonderfully, and, unlike most bikes, I can actually swing my leg over the (surprisingly comfortable) seat. With all of the crap I've added to my bikes, it was a lot of fun riding a nice, clean, naked bike.

But back to Hermy's -- it's amazing any dealers still offer loaners, and I'm extremely grateful for it.

As for my bike -- they are not happy with the results of one repair, so are still working on it. They've replaced stuff that didn't have an impact and said, "You won't be charged for that."

Hermy's is a stand up place -- and it makes sense that customers travel long distances to buy from them. Again, I'm happy to be fairly close by. I'll also plan on asking the sales staff to let me know if they see an F800R come in. I'm stunned at how much I enjoyed riding that bike. I'm looking forward to the ride back to pick up my bike.

And yes, anything new they added, I'll insist on paying for -- it's all less stuff for me to worry about going down the road.

Very nice! It's always good to hear about a BMW dealer who knows how to "do the right thing" (to quote Spike Lee).

I've bought 3 bikes from them since 2014, very easy to deal with. Service department is first rate IMO.

Bonus for me is it's an 80 mile ride on (mostly) PA backroads to get there, relaxing whether I leave it and get a free loaner, or wait and hang out in the showroom.

Hermy's is 95 miles and 2 hours from me. Good to know they're a stand-up dealer. For my "new to me" 2020 R1250R, Bob's BMW is the closest at an hour away. My other option (2hrs away) is Motorcycles of Dulles, which is where I bought the bike.

I'll likely use Bob's BMW for my first service, but good reviews of Hermy's will keep them on my radar as an option. No gripes with Dulles, just the DC hellish traffic.

John

Back