• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Factory Alarm System

fastfwd

Bought a 2022 R 1250 RS this spring and I'm curious about the factory alarm system that can be added on. It is pretty expensive, but comparable in price to what an equivalent Harley Davidson factory alarm would cost. Does anyone have one of these systems and what do you think about it?

I've only taken two overnight trips on the bike, but already experienced being forced to park it in the parking lot of a hotel (not within view of the front desk or my room). I'm a little concerned about the potential of aftermarket parts potentially being stripped off it or it otherwise being tampered with. Generally, I would prefer to have it parked within view of my room so that I may be altered if it were tampered with, etc.

I've got a disc lock and I know they make them with built in alarms. That could be an option, but not quite as convenient.

I bought my 07RT used and it came with the DWA6 factory alarm system. It works simple enough but I doubt it would stop a determined thief as I doubt disc locks will either. In 30 seconds you can push a bike over on a mattress and have four guys lift it into the back of a pickup and be gone. If you have specific questions about the system feel free to ask or PM me.

Back