• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

KLIM Krios and the SENA 50S/50R

blkb1rd

Greetings All
For Christmas my wife gave me a KLIM Krios helmet (my Schuberth C3 was at 5 years) Last year I installed a SENA 50R on the C3 and went to the rally and many other places west for over 6 weeks (yes am bragging). So in Jan I had the 50R installed on the KLIM. A week later I left for Fla.. (am NC) Soon as I got to highway speeds the sound JUST went away, on the way back the same problem . I adjust where the speakers were placed. I added and subtracted foam to no avail. Spoke with Sena and performed all the things they thought of still no help. (yes i tried both molded plugs and no plugs). Contacted KLIM but honestly got no help till the Rally this year and spoke with the folks I bought it from. They gave me a phone # for a KLIM rep who has been asking more question. So Sena couldn't come up with a good solution so I was sent a NEW 50S.(50R's not available due to upgrades). it's installed but sound still isn't loud (like it was in the Schuberth) And yes I have all the Sena apps installed and the volume is max'd. Test ride on Highway tomorrow and will give results to KLIM rep. Let me say this I think the KLIM helmet is quiet. SOO to get to the purpose of this thread, anyone having similar problems with this combo.

Tom Casey
2017 R12GSA
1975 R75/6 Ole Yeller

I have a Klim Krios Pro and a Cardo Packtalk Bold with Speakers and I wear custom molded earplugs.

I've found that wearing a Balaclava or a Head Tube/Head Wrap to cover my ears and fill up some of the space around my head helps keep the wind and road noise down and makes the sound system much easier to use. I run the volume at about 80%.

I know the Sena isn't the Cardo but when I had a Sena 20S I did the same stuff and it worked too.

Back