• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NAV V / VI "Last Ride" question

bobs_one

The Nav V (and I presume Nav 6) has an application called "Last Ride" which apparently tracks a whole bunch of statisitics from the bike. One of the things it apparently does is count how many times you apply the front brakes and the back brakes. I've cleared the totals and gone out for a ride and checked at the end and it usually shows almost twice as many rear brake applications as front brake applications. This is weird, as I almost never directly apply the rear brake (except in addition to the front brake in urgent stopping scenarios).

Since the GS and the RT have "integrated brakes", I presume the bike applies the rear brake when I apply the front. So, if the numbers of applications were similar, I'd guess that's what was going on. But, the count of rear brake applications is always significantly higher. Is this due to the Stability Control system applying the rear brake? If not, any other ideas?

P.S. I find it positively mind boggling how many shifts I apparently make on a ride.

Back