• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Touratech Dri-Ride Review

droveto

I've been riding the Touratech DriRide seat on my GS since it was new and wanted to post a review of my experience.

I absolutely love this seat, but I can see that it might not be for everyone.

I ride in the desert mostly, but am good for a long trip each year where I encounter all kinds of weather.

My description:
- Firm. This seat is firm. If you happen to be a cyclist, this seat will make a lot of sense. In cycling they've learned that the more surface area that a seat covers the more blood flow is restricted. A firm seat allows blood to flow more easily around the contact points allowing for less fatigue. If you enjoy a soft seat that you sink into, you will not like this seat.
- Breathable. It's every bit as breathable as you imagine. It's really nice in the hot desert.
- Promotes Movement. You can slide around on this seat and I find it's nice to be able to shift from the front to the rear easily depending on conditions. It's not so slippery that you're sliding forward on spirited stops. With my pants (BMW Rallye) they work great.

I only have the stock seat to compare it to which I rode for just two rides and felt it was horrible. The DriRide seat does just fine in the wet as well. I've gone through some significant rain and the fabric and foam have no problems handling wet weather.

I have over 20k miles on this seat and have nothing but good things to say about it. I enjoy that it is more firm than the stock seat which helps with fatigue and also promotes being able to more easily move to standing position on the pegs. I spent 11 hours on it last week in 90-105 degree weather, and a rain storm and one thing I never thought about the entire day was my ass. That's a good seat.

20220726_132016.jpg

20220726_132031.jpg

20220726_132047.jpg

Back