• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Michigan to Alaska 2022

poco183

Poco183
I thought some of you may enjoy the videos from my trip from Michigan to Alaska. This is my third trip there, and the first time I have ridden it with other riders. My brother, Vincent, is on a 2017 Ducati Multistrada, and my close friend, Rob on a 2016 GS. We left Brighton, Michigan on June 4th.
I have met many riders who dream of riding to Alaska. If you are one of them, do it. I continue to go back because I can't find a ride this long, this remote, and this beautiful. Put a plan together and get it done. You won't regret it.
The ride is not nearly as challenging as some people will tell you. My first trip was in 1987. The Alaskan Highway was in much worse condition back then. There were very long stretches of gravel. In recent years, the road has been greatly improved and, with a few exceptions, it is in very good shape.

Day 1 &2

Last edited:
Michigan to Alaska

Day 3.
We travel from Sioux Falls, SD to Greybull WY.

Last edited:
Michigan to Alaska Day 4

Day 4
We travel from East Glacier Park, MT to Cochrane, British Columbia.

Michigan to Alaska Day 9

Day 9. We ride from Anchorage to Denali. Unfortunately, forest fires in the area prevented use from getting a good look at the mountain.

Michigan to Alaska Day 14

Day 14. The road to Bella Coola, BC on a motorcycle is epic. This is a long video. I want to give the viewers of sense of what it is to ride "The Hill".

Back