• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1994 R1100RSL. Can I pull apart my fuel injector to fuel pipe joint? It seems stuck.

Yes. You removed the metal clip that locks the fuel line "cap" to the injector top. I think it is partially visible in the corner of the photo.

With the clip removed, you can separate the fuel line from the injector. The top of the injector has a "knob" and there is an o-ring there. Use some alcohol (on the connection) or some other spray lubricant, and pry off the cap from the injector top. I had the opposite problem a while back. I bought the upgrade injectors and I couldn't get the cap to go over the o-ring on the end of the new injectors. I ended up selling them to someone that wasn't as hesitant to push into place as I was. :brow

What voltage do I use to trigger the injector solenoid? 12 volts? 5 volts?

Yes, the alcohol eased the O-ring and it pulled apart with maybe ten pounds of pulling. Thanks!
I now want to trigger the injector solenoid and squirt cleaner through it.
What voltage do I use to trigger the injector solenoid? 12 volts? 5 volts?image.jpg

I used a 9 volt battery with some alligator clips to open the injectors on my 94 R1100RS. The method that I used is quite similar to that shown in the YouTube video below.

I used carb cleaner with the straw inserted into a valve stem (with core removed - see video). I used a 1/16-inch drill bit to create a small opening for the straw in the valve stem cap. [In the video he fools around with heat - the drill method is easier]. The outlet spray was directed into a wide mouth container (formerly containing orange juice). This was a pretty easy process. I also spent time cleaning the inlet to the cylinder head. I was amazed at the amount of dirt / grime that had collected in the inlet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rUUgR94drxg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back