• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Pittsburgh, PA

rocketfella

Hi from Pittsburgh, PA. I grew up riding dirtbikes, but then got enamored with cars and didn't get my motorcycle license until a few years ago. April of 2021 I bought myself a 2019 R NineT Scrambler. Then this last weekend I bought a 1999 R1100RS at an estate auction (cheap!) to have fun fixing up and getting it back on the road.

I've had my NineT in Alabama, Florida (Miami/Key Largo/Key West), NYC, Rehoboth DE, and Cape May NJ, and I like to collect stickers of my adventures.

Hope to find other Pittsburgh or LGBT riders, or maybe ones in other far off places that give me an excuse to ride to.

5C7289C4-7E53-4611-BD1B-6E81992378E1.jpg
IMG_5718.jpg
IMG_4807.jpg
IMG_7062.jpg
IMG_7063.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Looks like you are getting around. There is something about those NineT’s that I really like.
Enjoy.
Gary

Hallo Rocket Man!

Good to have you aboard the forum {now with two BMWs}! Good luck with your renovations. I’m guessing you’re young enuf to restore and enjoy your older RS. 👊 Youthfulness is not to be wasted! I, OTOH, am working on our older Airheads this month. I’m also the original owner of my R90S, therefore, I hope You’re still enjoying Your R9T in 2069... :nod

Enjoy your assignment in Pittsburgh {we’re actually Wash Capitals fans, having left DC behind four years ago}... ;)

Good Luck with all your many project(s)!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back