• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Covid and Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsaps2

A friend and I both tested positive for Covid several days after leaving on Sunday from the Rally. We estimate we became infected on Thursday at the BBQ place at the Expo, it was very crowded while waiting in line to place an order. My friend took Paxaloid for 5 days and tested negative the following week. I also had the Paxaloid for 5 days, tested negative at day 7-8, and now have been positive for the last 2 weeks, still a little sore throat. I am wonder if others got infected during the Rally.

CDC states positive test result is anywhere from 2 to 14 days after exposure.
It doesn’t take a “crowded” place to be exposed.
Pointing a finger at the Rally may be erroneous

Rally / Covid threat

I was at the Rally every day from Wednesday. I spent a lot of time around people, attended seminars, volunteered for 2 shifts at the volunteer table and 1 shift at Registration on Thursday and talked to maybe 250-400 people in the registration line on Wednesday about volunteering. I talked to a lot of people, I didn't get it. It really is a crap shoot as to how one gets it unless they know for sure they were in contact with someone they know is positive. You both must've been vacced as it doesn't sound like you got too sick, thankfully.

I took my nightly medication:

crown_riverside.jpg

Attending any large social event these days places the risk of exposure on your own shoulders. I went with the kids and grandkids to Disney (cesspool of humanity) back in January and came back with a good dose of Omincron. Everywhere we went there were Covid warnings and warnings of if you buy tickets you accept the risk. Kind of a liability warning in today’s litigation happy society. I would expect a Covid liability warning at next years rally in Virginia. Having beat cancer once, I like to think of life as half full.
Glad you are on your way to recovery.

Basically one out of every three people are not vaccinated. Those numbers have not changed much lately so this will be something we will be dealing with for a while.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Basically one out of every three people are not vaccinated. Those numbers have not changed much lately so this will be something we will be dealing with for a while.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

And many who are still get it and infect others unfortunately.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

This. All we can do at this point is to take reasonable precautions for ourselves and those around us. I was fully vaccinated (double boosters) a month before the rally. Knowing I was likely exposed during the trip when I got home I self-isolated for a week to ensure the safety of others. Granted, that was much easier for me in our very rural lifestyle than for those living in large cities.

And many who are still get it and infect others unfortunately.

From what I understand, your absolutely correct. All good reason to be mindful of personal distancing and not visiting the kissing booth at the county fair. What needs to be added is that you are fully vaccinated up it is not as likely that catching it will kill you. I want to use all of my BMW OA membership that I can.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449 Life

Purely from a scientific viewpoint, what good is the "vaccine" if you still get sick? It's not like the polio vaccine that actually works .......

Purely from a scientific viewpoint, what good is the "vaccine" if you still get sick? It's not like the polio vaccine that actually works .......

Why do you wear a helmet when you ride if it doesn’t provide a guarantee to keep your head absolutely safe from all possible harm?

This thread is about to take a political turn ! Either way, however you think, it’s your decision and your responsibility.

I trust a good helmet over a hardly working vaccine any time. That's all I am going to post about this.:brow

Vaccinations and boosters reduce the severity of COVID infections. I had all of those and got COVID. I tested positive with an at-home test. I had a sore throat and some minor coughing. I did not run a fever. I don't feel victimized - the shots kept me out of the hospital, out of the intensive care unit, and off a ventilator. Not bad for shots that were free.

A good helmet reduces the risk of serious injury but it can still happen given the right circumstances. Ditto for the jab. I apply the same sound reasoning to both.

Please, please don't use the forum to argue the benefits/failures of the vaccine or modern science. We all have our opinions and have staked our claims and made our personal decisions in terms of shots or no shots. No one is going to be able to change any minds on this. It just never turns out well. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back