• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Think It was HOT?

Springfield 10 PM temp is 84f tonight, makes it seem like June was cool!

I stayed in town and watched the bands before heading back to where I was staying. I passed a bank that had the temperature sign out...we had at least one night with temps like that. I'll admit I wore shorts and my motorcycle boots back to my place that night. I was amazed how much heat the boxer threw off, even when moving!!

Waay too hot for me to camp again at a National.

I would like to thank Pat Carol (Rally Co-Chair) who saw our group ride in and handed out ICE COLD water to our group. It's the little things that make a rally special.......

But it's a Dry Heat

Here in Phoenix it's been a mild summer so far.

I checked the weather records, and, as of today, we've only had 80 days of temps of 100 or above.

And, of these 80 days, only 18 had temps of 110 and above.

Highest temp so far this year is 115.

Stayed at the Best Western in Springfield and really enjoyed the Rally!

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers.

Last edited:
Here in Phoenix it's been a mild summer so far.

I checked the weather records, and, as of today, we've only had 80 days of temps of 100 or above.

And, of these 80 days, only 18 had temps of 110 and above.

Highest temp so far this year is 115.

Stayed at the Best Western in Springfield and really enjoyed the Rally!

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers.

The more rain we get in the summer monsoon season, the less heat we suffer [ though the humidity is higher than normal ]. This summer has been a wet monsoon. It's the years we get the drier monsoon season that we suffer the most days over 110 for bit of a stretch.

I'd take the rain keeping the heat down like this summer every year.

Springfield 10 PM temp is 84f tonight, makes it seem like June was cool!

Yep, another hot summer’s day in 2022! - Crikey; what’d U eXpect, cool Canadian breezes in SW MO?

Don’t ask for too much, and U won’t be disappointed. I mean, come on! You’re becoming a big softie in your ADVanced years, Mr Rambles!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OTOH, BLOOMSBURG, PA was extraordinarily Fargin Hot - for those of us who actually camped on-site! :evil

Ya can choose fer yourself; ya can fish or ya can cut bait, Señor Rambler... :deal

Next MOA Rally is in June, 2023. Your choice: Camp out or Hotel it... :dunno

If you’re on an ADVENTURE -- ya just go with what the Big Kahuna throws at U... :brow

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back