• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2022 1250GS lowered foot peg recommendation?

wanaride67

I want to install lowered foot pegs on my 1250GS. I'm hoping this will improve knee comfort. Can you recommend a set?

I just spent a lot of time researching foot pegs for my 2018 R1200 GS. There are some options and I think a lot of it depends on personal preference. Some prefer foot pegs with sharp cleats/points for greater grip, while others prefer more blunt tips. Apart from lowering, there are various sizes.

Based on my research, here are the options I located with adjustable height or lower pegs. They generally go from larger foot pegs to smaller foot pegs.

Fastway Adventure Pegs: 57mm Wide x 121mm Long foot peg, blunt screw cleat options, High and Low setting
Black Dog Platform Pegs: 63mm Wide x 114mm Long foot peg, blunt cleats, 1/2" lower.
Black Dog Traction Pegs: 63mm Wide x 114mm Long foot peg, sharp cleats, 1/2" lower.
Pivot Pegs Mk4: 60mm Wide x 100mm Long foot peg, sharp cleats, High and Low setting.
Pivot Pegs Mk3: 60mm Wide x 85mm Long foot peg, sharp cleats, High and Low setting.
SW-Motech EVO: 50mm Wide x 80mm Long foot peg, blunt cleats, height, tilt and rotation adjustment
SW-Motech ION: 50mm Wide x 80mm Long foot peg, blunt cleats, height, High and Low setting

FWIW, I decided to get the Fastway Adventure Pegs with their F5 blunt screw option given the larger foot peg size and lower position. These are on backorder and should be available within a couple weeks according to ProMoto the manufacturer of Fastway Pegs. Since just ordered them and I'm waiting for them to arrive, I cannot give my opinion of the pegs.

Back