• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Trouble code 21faa8

himself62

Had a bike in the shop today. 14 gsa with 85,000 miles on it. At idle would rev up to 2500ish after to let it sit for a minute or two. Power cycle and drive away….I’ve done some google and found a crack crank case line that goes to a vacuum diaphragm infront of the air box. Cleared the codes and it came back. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread about this on ADV Rider, the code apparently is "Throttle Valve Set Point Exceeded", the fix those afflicted enacted were to fix either cracked hoses or tighten clamps on the affected throttle body. https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/throttle-valve-set-point-exceeded.1256962/.

I'm a little confused by your post, did you find a cracked hose? If so, you will need to repair it, sounds like that would fix you up.

Good luck, please post photos, some of us learn better with pictures. Keep us posted.

Yes the hose was cracked. I got some silicone hose to replace it. And the same condition reoccurred. I’ll reread the post you posted. I did not catch the part about the intake clamps being loose.

I poked the pcv line at the head and it was all dry rotted. Broke clean off when I touched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be nice if someone with the service data for that code could post the procedure or a better explanation for the code. Makes one wonder if some how the computer uses the throttle body to counter lean condition to a certain point, thus setting the code and the reason that cracked hose's (air leaks) would cause it, with out service data hard to really tell.

Come on guys, can someone with a service manual post up some info?

Back