• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally shirts

marklutz

Just got out my new rally shirt, saw advertisement on sleeve. That will be the last of that. Don't make me pay for anybody's marketing.(no more shirts for me)

And for those of us who didn't make it to the rally and get one of these shirts, what is it that is being advertised?

You got that right...

Just got out my new rally shirt, saw advertisement on sleeve. That will be the last of that. Don't make me pay for anybody's marketing.(no more shirts for me)

That was a sneaky MOA decision that likely will not be popular for future advance sales.
Just deciding ALL the other design elements is difficult enough... why introduce this surprise.
Guess your glad it wasn't a hemroid cream as the highest bidding sponsor.

I remember when the rally shirt was neat and there was NO Volunteer offering.
Now the Volunteers shirt is cool looking (and free with committee service), while the rally shirt is ???

That tire logo area is a nice place for a patch install on the shirt. Maybe an actual tire patch.

Really?
An advertisment on a shirt is what you've got to complain about this morning.
jason

I see it both ways. If I got the shirt for free, OK so I'm doing someone's advertising, no big deal. If I PAID for a shirt and then do someone's advertising, well, not as cool. Then, you can add in the "corporate wokeness" aspect...do I want *this company's* logo on my arm? That said, I know so little about this vendor, I can't say anything one way or another, but can you see where all this is going one day?

It was a $15 shirt, not exactly going to wear it to High Tea with the Queen.

I see it both ways. If I got the shirt for free, OK so I'm doing someone's advertising, no big deal. If I PAID for a shirt and then do someone's advertising, well, not as cool. Then, you can add in the "corporate wokeness" aspect...do I want *this company's* logo on my arm? That said, I know so little about this vendor, I can't say anything one way or another, but can you see where all this is going one day?

It was a $15 shirt, not exactly going to wear it to High Tea with the Queen.

I tried a pair of Metzelers on my K75S a few years back. They rode okay but didn't last very long. The Shinko Tourmaster 220s that I run now last almost twice as long as the Metzelers did. Maybe I should sew a Shinko patch over the Metzeler logo?

I see this as the difference in paying $5 or more $$ for the rally shirt or having a logo on it. I picked up a safety foundation t-shirt years ago. Then I noticed that it had a facebook logo on the sleeve. I didn't care for that at all.

At least the MOA hasn't opened the Rally shirts to any/all sponsors, like you see on the event shirts at some events. I no longer wear shirts that are covered with sponsor logos, even if the shirt is included as part of the basic registration fee. I'll take the shirt, of course (after all, I've paid for it one way or another), but it may quickly become a work shirt or grease shirt to be worn only in my garage.

I remember when the rally shirt was neat and there was NO Volunteer offering.
Now the Volunteers shirt is cool looking (and free with committee service), while the rally shirt is ???

What volunteer shirt.......pulled 2 4 hour shift and more at the RV parking table area. No mention of a shirt nor the supper that happened as I sat there and the chairman and best bud talked of the quality and the goody bag; but no offers. Was this and the T shirt the way it was supposed to be???..........Just wondering....:scratch

What volunteer shirt.......pulled 2 4 hour shift and more at the RV parking table area. No mention of a shirt nor the supper that happened as I sat there and the chairman and best bud talked of the quality and the goody bag; but no offers. Was this and the T shirt the way it was supposed to be???..........Just wondering....:scratch

Don't know about the goodie bag, but your captain should have given you a voucher at the end of your shift for a royal blue shirt in the MOA Gear area. It's blue with what looks like a (car) tire track through blobs of paint on the back. The dinner was if you got there on Wednesday night as I recall.

Ouch! Sorry to learn of this Mr. Darrow. What R65 Steve indicates about the shirt is correct.
However, the "Volunteer Dinner" for Rally SET-UP Volunteers and Committee leadership, staff, ect... is held on Tuesday eve.
Many Committees have their "set-up" complete by Tuesday, or for that matter... before that. And your Committee (RV's) is surely one of those.

The t-shirt vouchers are usually provided to your committee chair, about Tuesday afternoon.
So that leaves it to them, to track-back and communicate with prior volunteer's and provide them a t-shirt voucher.

We worked Registration Check In from 8:00 to 1:00 on Thursday. Late Saturday afternoon Debbie heard a announcement for volunteers to pick up their gift if they had not already received it. I went into the Gear store and we received two niece T shirts.
When we worked registration at Tenn. we received nice neck tubes and a pin when we showed up to work.
In Des Moines we worked Monday to Saturday with the Gofers and received a Volunteer pin.
I'm guessing the volunteer gifts started with the Tenn. Rally.
I think the volunteer gift is a nice idea. Maybe in the future when volunteers receive the reminder email showing what shifts they signed up for a note could be included saying you would receive a thank you gift and where to pick it up.

20220628_202104.jpg

20220628_202140.jpg

aybe in the future when volunteers receive the reminder email showing what shifts they signed up for a note could be included saying you would receive a thank you gift and where to pick it up.

View attachment 88373

View attachment 88374

That's a great idea. I think perhaps, that the volunteer chairman is so overtaxed with the duty, it is to much to expect them to take care of those that help them out. I am sure I am not alone in this situation. For sure the RV folks got nothing, but also other duties??? How to get a shirt now???............By the way, I got no negative responses while parking RVs and look forward to that in the future. Volunteers are the MEAT or our bunch and am so proud of those folks...........God bless. :bow

Back