• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MedJet Curious

Having recently fallen off of my bicycle and breaking a couple ribs, I have a renewed interest in Medjet :D
It would be nice to get back to Mayo Clinic here in Rochester, MN.

Mostly interested in coverage for annual trips somewhere in USA / Canada.

Some Questions:
From what little I've read, Medjet is described as Hospital to Hospital transportation.
What if I fall off, break a few bones and am released from the ER. Would I be covered for the trip home?

What If I am unable to communicate? Can my wife make the call and work with Medjet to get me home ?

I am interested, but trying to envision the scenarios where I would use this.

Checkout SkyMed. Covers transportation from the scene of injury or illness (in your home or while traveling), hospital to hospital and hospital to home. Ships your bike to home and transports traveling companion as well.

This is their rep who has in the past attended some MOA events and made presentations: chris.durgin@skymed.com

Or their website: https://skymed.com/

What Kevin said!
I’ve had both and am still on SkyMed. Unless terms have changed, MedJet requires that you be admitted to a hospital before transport coverage kicks in, and being treated at an ER or Insta-Care clinic may not qualify. Read the policies carefully…
Best,
DeVern

I have MedJet through the MOA. So far I have not had occasion to use it so can't comment on the particulars of your question. You might want to give them a call; they are very accommodating.
However, all that said, you need to be concerned with the cost of getting you from the incident location to a hospital.
That cost can be significant especially if there is recue equipment required.
I am covered directly through the Garmin owned service: GEOS.

Good luck and get back on the road soon.

Joe

Just took a year policy from MASA https://www.masamts.com/ Bought a year for my brother as well so we're covered on the upcoming 5 state 3 week trip in the US.

They'll cover ambulance and air ambulance rides [ air rides can cost upwards of 100K ]. Once admitted to a hospital, there are provisions to get you moved to a local hospital in your AO. Another provision is they'll get your bike back to your AO as well.

There's a lot of documentation that needs to be submitted, but all one has to do is get the bill from any ambulance ride and send it to MASA who will pay it. 29.00 a month

Back