• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello form Chicagoland...

justabill

Ok, so I jumped the gun and posted first in Airheads.

Currently, riding a '21 R NineT Scrambler as a near daily ride. Also just snatched an '85 R80RT for a rebuild project.

IMG_0905.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

Formerly owned an '08 GS. Long ago, I rode a Honda Nighthawk around SoCal.

Got back into riding last year after a long break. Now, two-wheel time is my therapy.

Happy to be here.

Welcome to the forum!
I really like the looks of those R Nine T bikes.
Ride safe.
Gary

Welcome to the forum!
I really like the looks of those R Nine T bikes.
Ride safe.
Gary

Thanks! I fell in love with them as soon as they were released. Spent 8 years with slowly increasing desire to have one. Super fun, no storage, all the wind, and very few creature comforts. Reminds me a lot of the old Nighthawk. Very pure riding for a modern bike.

Willkommen to the MOA’s Forum, Mr Bill!

Good luck with both of your new Beemers. In 2022 there are so many models to choose from. We visited Chitown last week on our northerly CoddiWomple quest for Route 66 pictures. Chicago doesn’t have any City limits signs (at least that we could find and it was way too hot to be wasting time & gas - we settled for the Northtown Station 60645). After an overnight stay with our former minister in Mount Pleasant, WI, we skipped the return trip south thru town on another blistering summer day by taking the Lake Express ferry to Muskegon! :thumb Have fun eXploring your neck of the woods on that slick R9T!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’09 CRF230L —--— ’10 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

justabill,

Welcome. If you are in the Chicago area you might want to look at joining us at Chicago Region BMW Owners, a local chapter of the MOA. We typically have weekly rides or events happening all over the Chicago area, Hot Dog rides every Monday during ridding season and events are rides for all interests. This morning we had a predawn ride along Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. Take a loot at our web page or look for our Facebook page and find some of our events or join our club. We also have a monthly meeting. Many of our members have and work on older BMW's so they can help you with your rebuild project.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Mark

www.crbmw.com

Back