Thread: The adventure ride to Springfield National!

The adventure ride to Springfield National!

Back home after a little 4.500 mile jaunt over the Sierras, the Rockies, some of the Ozarks, the 20-30mph cross winds of Nevada, eastern CO, and Kansas. Maybe 200 miles of interstate and everything else was mainly 2 lane twisties and really, really long straight roads to the horizon. Clear skies the entire trip. Going home, there was just a small sprinkle before going over Carson Pass in the Sierras where it was 47 degrees and 2 hours later, 103 going across the CA central valley..then a cool 72 back in the Bay area.

At the Rally, headed directly to Airhead Central for renewed get togethers with Kevin, the other Greg, and other Air Marshals. Nice catching up with Matt Parkhouse and other Ambassadors. Broke out the tools and did the help/teach airhead thing...and had a blast as always.

Seminars were informative, vendors helpful...except for Metzler...no tires for sale...some supply chain snafu, and Dunlop was sold out the 1st or 2nd day. Somehow the Metzler Sahara 3 tires on the G/S went 1K miles further than they should have. They got me home but riding the curvy Sierras Pass with squared-off tires isn't for the faint of heart.

The trip was a great break from the shop,, the ride was needed therapy, and the gang at Airhead Central makes everyone feel welcome as part of the family
    Greg Hutchinson
    R80G/S (4) K75RT 633CSi with 450K mile
    www.airheadadventure.com
    700K mile BMW Mileage Award

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Smile

Greg, it was nice to see you there.
    Once, as I wandered by the AH compound you were serving up wisdom that evidently required your hands to
    form the part/procedure you were describing. Everyone was riveted to the process, and didn’t notice me pour a
    heat relief potion. I dropped a bill or two and stayed in the shade.
    Appreciate your participation in the MOA Board meeting.
    Your seminar May in Quincy was fantastic, especially the wiring harness stuff!
    "travel'n" John Lang… Pilot: 2015 R1200GS / MOA#102452 (2002)
    2021 Safety Committee Chair @ Great Falls MT
    “Keep you a steady eye ahead, with a firm grip on the throttle,
    be ready with the brakes...for every mile of road, there are two miles of the ditch"

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Greg, it was nice to see you there.
    Once, as I wandered by the AH compound you were serving up wisdom that evidently required your hands to
    form the part/procedure you were describing. Everyone was riveted to the process, and didn’t notice me pour a
    heat relief potion. I dropped a bill or two and stayed in the shade.
    Appreciate your participation in the MOA Board meeting.
    Your seminar May in Quincy was fantastic, especially the wiring harness stuff!
    Thanks John,

Always fun and satisfying to get the next generation involved in the details of riding and how to handle the occasional repair, Amazing how knowing how to solve a problem while out on a ride increases your sense of confidence..in all kinds of ways..just not the airheads
    Greg Hutchinson
    R80G/S (4) K75RT 633CSi with 450K mile
    www.airheadadventure.com
    700K mile BMW Mileage Award