Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: First Time Rally Attendee - 10 Things I Liked

  1. #1

    First Time Rally Attendee - 10 Things I Liked

    I’m not really into being negative or offering constructive criticism, particularly as a new member.

    So, I was a first-time attendee. 20-years Italian motorcycle rider. 2-months GSA owner. Rode to rally with 6 others from hometown BMW moto club.

    10 Things I liked:
    1) Ride thru entry for pre-registered – literally took 15 seconds with QR code
    2) Registration – also only took less than a minute after pre-registering online
    3) Ambassadors – these are super friendly people. Probably a pre-requisite
    4) Volunteers – clearly wanted to be there and help. Retail employees could learn from these people
    5) Vendors with discounts – like friends with benefits, right?
    6) On-Site installers – lights, tires, accessories – the people installing these things deserve the week off now to cool
    7) Biergarten – you really can’t go wrong here
    8) Seminars – learning is fundamental, especially for a newbie like me. Yeah, I learned things
    9) First Time Attendees reception – nice touch to welcome us to our first MOA
    10) Commitment – just obvious there are highly committed people in leadership roles in this organization. Committed to making a rally the best possible

    Thanks for making this a repeatable experience for me!

  2. #2
    What a nice thing to post!

    Are you 20 years of age or have you been riding for 20 years?

    ===========

    Che bella cosa da postare!

    Hai 20 anni o guidi da 20 anni?

    Ian

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    What a nice thing to post!

    Are you 20 years of age or have you been riding for 20 years?

    ===========

    Che bella cosa da postare!

    Hai 20 anni o guidi da 20 anni?

    Ian
    Hahaha! Thank you. Riding for 20 years. Only wish I was 20 years old!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by italia View Post
    Hahaha! Thank you. Riding for 20 years. Only wish I was 20 years old!
    I hear that!

    Really glad you had a good time.

  5. #5
    Registered User dieselyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,689

    My ten:

    1; The People
    2; The People
    3; Ease of conversation
    4; New Friends
    5; Generosity of sharing experience
    6; Beer Tent
    7; The people at the beer tent
    8; The Ride
    9; People we met along with the ride
    10; The People
    1997 R1100RT, 1981 KZ 440 LTD, R80RT, R90/6 sidecar, K1100RS,1983 K100RS (Cafe now)

    “The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.”

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by italia View Post
    I’m not really into being negative or offering constructive criticism, particularly as a new member.

    So, I was a first-time attendee. 20-years Italian motorcycle rider. 2-months GSA owner. Rode to rally with 6 others from hometown BMW moto club.

    10 Things I liked:
    1) Ride thru entry for pre-registered – literally took 15 seconds with QR code
    2) Registration – also only took less than a minute after pre-registering online
    3) Ambassadors – these are super friendly people. Probably a pre-requisite
    4) Volunteers – clearly wanted to be there and help. Retail employees could learn from these people
    5) Vendors with discounts – like friends with benefits, right?
    6) On-Site installers – lights, tires, accessories – the people installing these things deserve the week off now to cool
    7) Biergarten – you really can’t go wrong here
    8) Seminars – learning is fundamental, especially for a newbie like me. Yeah, I learned things
    9) First Time Attendees reception – nice touch to welcome us to our first MOA
    10) Commitment – just obvious there are highly committed people in leadership roles in this organization. Committed to making a rally the best possible

    Thanks for making this a repeatable experience for me!
    Good constructive points.

    As a volunteer, I just naturally felt the rally was part of my responsibility to make it better. I guess that's why we all volunteer.
    As a close friend to one of the rally chairs, I can attest that these guys give up their lives for the better part of a year to make this all happen.

    Closing ceremonies were excellent. Started on time. Anvil blast was great! Loved the mixing up of door prizes and handing out of awards. Much, much better format doing it that way. Emcee was great but didn't get his name.

    Pat Carol, Brian Burdette and Greg Feeler did an amazing job IMHO and certainly weren't responsible for the heat.

  7. #7
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,290
    It has certainly been a refreshing change to read a good number of positive comments about the 2022 Rally. Thanks to all who have responded.

    Although I did not go this year, I have always thoroughly enjoyed all the MOA National Rallies that I have attended.

    I have too frequently been amazed at the number of complaints that I read on this Forum upon my return from a number of Rallies. It always felt if the complainers had attended a different Rally than the one from which I just returned.

    Once again, it has been good to read so many satisfied comments.

    Kudos to the attendees and the Rally Chairs!
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Similar Threads

  1. Observations from a first-time attendee
    By gbrickell in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 11:49 PM
  2. What I liked on the 2010 R1200RT...
    By 43883 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 07:06 PM
  3. First Time Attendee to a National - Read This
    By RHAUTAU in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 03:32 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
  5. 1st time rally attendee
    By SPOTTYBOND in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •