• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2008 K1200GT/2009 K1300GT question.

I saw a 2008 K1200 GT with 91,000 miles for sale parked across the barrier close to the Dunlop Tire center at the rally. I noticed it had the K1300 GT style fairings with the BMW roundel vent on the sides. I am assuming it didn't come from the factory this way, so for the sake of knowing are the 1200GT and 1300GT fairings interchangeable? I am assuming they must be and someone just changed them out maybe from crash damage. I have a K1300 GT and it caught my eye. It did say K1200GT on the emblems and for sale poster.

Yes, they are interchangeable. K1200GT main body panels are NLA so it’s common to see the newer panels used instead. And since they look better than the original slabs, might as well do both sides after a damage incident.

Best,
DeVern

Just picked up a 2006 1200GT as a parts bike for my brothers 07GT. He plans on keeping his forever, so the parts bike will keep his up and running for some time to come.

Can't find diddly squat for the 1200GT's anymore. So buying the 06 solves dilemma's in the future.

Back