Thread: Making the rally better

Making the rally better

Making the rally even better

I have 2 ideas

1. For the good prizes at the closing ceremony make attendance required. I enjoy seeing the happy winners, and I think the wonderful companies that donate prizes deserve to see the happy winners. Honestly I think it is kind of rude not to be there. It seemed to me more winners were not there than there this year.
    2. Bring the BMW demo truck!!!!!

Rod

I was there in TN and I think that's how it worked. It was nice however not to have the videos from the tour companies.

I've only been to two of these but I think the there was more stuff to do during the day in TN. A stunt demo and some other stuff.
    2004 R1150R Rockster | 1981 R100 | 2019 KLX250 | 1980 R65 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post

I have 2 ideas

1. For the good prizes at the closing ceremony make attendance required. I enjoy seeing the happy winners, and I think the wonderful companies that donate prizes deserve to see the happy winners. Honestly I think it is kind of rude not to be there. It seemed to me more winners were not there than there this year.

Rod
    We had always attended the closing ceremonies, but after the over 2 hour ceremony at Tennessee that had a lot of tour company commercials I swore off attending any more.
    Des Moines was the best. One hour and we were inside with air-conditioning.
    Sounds like they had a good program this year. They had all the commercials on a screen before the closing ceremony and the closing ceremony only lasted one hour.
    In the future I hope the board tries to hold the ceremony to one hour especially if it's held outside.
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

RK Ryder

I have 2 ideas

Rod
    I disagree Rod. Not all attendees are retired with unlimited riding/vacation time. For some, it often is a long haul to get to the Rally and sometimes necessary to leave mid day on Saturday in order to be at work on Monday. Those absent at the final ceremony are paid Rally attendees who made the effort to come but in many cases have responsibilities that prevent them for remaining for the ceremonies. I have always been in favour of allowing those canít attend to be eligible for those prizes.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    I disagree Rod. Not all attendees are retired with unlimited riding/vacation time. For some, it often is a long haul to get to the Rally and sometimes necessary to leave mid day on Saturday in order to be at work on Monday. Those absent at the final ceremony are paid Rally attendees who made the effort to come but in many cases have responsibilities that prevent them for remaining for the ceremonies. I have always been in favour of allowing those canít attend to be eligible for those prizes.
    Well put. I agree.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have 2 ideas

Rod
    If they move to you having to be there to win a raffle, I'm not entering. They'll lose a lot of money on ticket sales of the people who know they aren't attending but would otherwise have bought tickets to support the MOA.

I'm not about to ride 3K or more round trip for a few days event. When there's one closer to me than the midwest and east coast I may attend one at that time. 3 days to get there, 3 days to get home for a 3 day event makes it a 9 day affair. And then there's those who attend and have to leave early to get back to the grind at work. They'd miss out on having a chance to win one of the raffles as well?

Bad idea IMO.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

I have just attended my last closing ceremony

Thanks