• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lowering Foot Pegs r1200rs

These are available in either anodized aluminum, black or silver, as well as rubber padded top.
http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Products/Motorcycle/BMW/R1200R/BMW-R1200R-Menu.html

Here's an install video I did on a 2016RT, but it's the same procedure.
https://youtu.be/ITIoJJgutKY

R1200RTW%20Knight%20Design%20Drop%20Pegs-S.jpg

I see in boxflyer's video the shift lever is adjusted to match the lowered peg, can the brake pedal be adjusted also and if not does this cause a problem?

I too have put these on my RS. I also had a set on my R1150GS. Get company and products. I'm 6'4", 35" inseam. These really opened up the legroom and with a Heilbar riser, the RS is now a long mile day bike (600+). The Suburban Machinery right hand block moves the entire stock peg and brake down. The left is a L shaped block. I didn't have to adjust my shifter but could without issue.

SM-PegsR.jpeg

SMpegsL.jpeg

HeliBars.jpeg

I see in boxflyer's video the shift lever is adjusted to match the lowered peg, can the brake pedal be adjusted also and if not does this cause a problem?[/QUOTE

I also have the Knight Design foot pegs. One pointer on them is they don't make the foot pegs farther apart. The factory brake is non adjustable. I purchased the adjustable brake lever from Ilium Works.

I see in boxflyer's video the shift lever is adjusted to match the lowered peg, can the brake pedal be adjusted also and if not does this cause a problem?[/QUOTE

I also have the Knight Design foot pegs. One pointer on them is they don't make the foot pegs farther apart. The factory brake is non adjustable. I purchased the adjustable brake lever from Ilium Works.

I too got the adjustable brake lever from Ilium Works, I like it a lot, not only can you have the pedal where you want it but it's large.

I've used the suburban machinery on my 1200R and both 1200 and 1250RT, been very happy with them. On the Rts I bought the illium brake levers and was very happy with that combo as well.

Anyone familiar with the Wunderlich setup? I’m contemplating lowering the pegs on my ‘21 RT. Looks like Suburban Machinery kit plus the Iliumworks brake lever is a great option. The Wunderlich site states that their kit includes hardware to move the brake lever.

Anyone familiar with the Wunderlich setup? I’m contemplating lowering the pegs on my ‘21 RT. Looks like Suburban Machinery kit plus the Iliumworks brake lever is a great option. The Wunderlich site states that their kit includes hardware to move the brake lever.

The Suburban Machinery moved the entire brake assembly as it uses a lowering block for the assembly. There is no need for a different lever, at least that is how it is for the RS and R bikes. I would assume the same for the RT.

+1 on both Knight designs and Ilium Brake Lever.

The Suburban Machinery moved the entire brake assembly as it uses a lowering block for the assembly. There is no need for a different lever, at least that is how it is for the RS and R bikes. I would assume the same for the RT.

The Suburban Machinery doesn't change the location of the brake peddle or shifter, it's a choice to move them. I put this kit on my 14R1200RT back when, it's now been moved to my 22R1250RT. I did purchase at the same time as the Suburban Machinery kit Ilium brake peddle and made the manual adjustment to the shift lever. This set up works for me and not only having each lever in the location I like the size of the Ilium brake peddle is great. Suburban Machinery is a Mom Pop operation, I've talk with them at MOA rally's.

Do these lower pegs drag the pavement when riding the twisties at speed ?
On the RT

The Knight Designs do not, in my experience.

THe Ilium Works brake pedal is not really required, but if you don't use it the brake pedal will be above the footpeg which I don't care for....

YMMV,
Ski

Back