• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

another nav VI question

I have a 2019 R1250RT that does not have a TFT, but I have a nav VI. Is there a way to pause pandora,etc using the wonder wheel instead of messing with the phone? I go into the media icon on the nav VI but cannot see how to pause the station. Thanks

I have a 2019 R1250RT that does not have a TFT, but I have a nav VI. Is there a way to pause pandora,etc using the wonder wheel instead of messing with the phone? I go into the media icon on the nav VI but cannot see how to pause the station. Thanks
I'm still learning more tricks with the Nav VI, so I don't have a specific answer to the wonder wheel/pause Pandora issue. What intercom system do you have - Cardo, Sena? Things can get complicated/messy: you can pair your headset to the Nav VI and you can pair it to the BMW sound system (FM, Sirius, etc.) There is no need to pair your headset with the Nav, because the headset is paired with the BMW system and you can hear/control your Nav with the wonder wheel. I am assuming that your bike does have the BMW sound system package.
Yes, you can pair your phone to the Nav then play your music, but...
I think things are "cleaner" if you pair your headset to the BMW sound system only. There is an AUX and a USB setting on the BMW system; can you connect your phone (USB cable) to the BMW system and play Pandora? This way you might be able to control playback with the wonder wheel (just guessing).
I have a Schubert C5 with the built-in SC2 headset; it was too "messy" being paired with my phone, Nav VI, and BMW sound system. I completely turned OFF the Bluetooth on the Nav; the SC2 works much better paired with BMW system only. Note that the SC2 is also paired to my phone so I can play Pandora from my phone... and this is facilitated with the SC2 app on my phone. I have not tried connecting my phone to the BMW sytem via USB cable.
On BMW bikes WITHOUT the sound system , GS/GSA, etc., one needs to pair phone with Nav VI. On out bikes, it might be cleaner to pair headset to phone and BMW sytem, but NOT pair to NAV.
There are youtube videoas you might find that could be helpful. Totally unrelated to your questions, but I am currently learning how to use Rever/Basecamp with my Nav VI. Found some excellent videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT32jLKJaV8MtPWDWiExjEG0PYm9uoRha

Last edited:
Back