• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

great roads in OK, KS and MO?

hanacycle

I'm heading from California out to Missouri and totally unfamiliar with anything east of New Mexico. Can you recommend some great back roads and quiet destinations generally near the 44?

Thank you!

Hana
'07 F650GS

Welcome to the forum Hana.

A lot of the Ozark back roads in southern Missouri are nice. 19 and 21 in the SE part of the state are good.
Check out the murals in downtown Cuba or stay at the Wagon Wheel Motel. Cuba is on 44 and the Wagon Wheel is on old Route 66.
Try to find a Butler map for the Ozarks.

Stay far enough south so you can ride through North West Arkansas.
Talimena Senic is a great road. Hwi 1 and and 88 between Talihina, Ok and Mena Arkansas.
Stop or stay at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge up on top.
The Butler map I mentioned in my previous post will cover this area showing the good motorcycle roads.

Are you headed to the National?

thank you Lee!
I will check out your suggestions. I don't think my timing will coincide with any motorcycle-specific events but I'll probably be on the road between July 12 and August 4 or so, seeing more on my way back than the way east. I assume it will be quite hot, I was planning to ride mostly early morning until about noon, covering not more than 300 miles per day.

thank you Lee!
I will check out your suggestions. I don't think my timing will coincide with any motorcycle-specific events but I'll probably be on the road between July 12 and August 4 or so, seeing more on my way back than the way east. I assume it will be quite hot, I was planning to ride mostly early morning until about noon, covering not more than 300 miles per day.

We're going to be on the road for the next 12 to 13 days. After that I'll try to remember to check back and add more suggestions.
Will Arkansas work with your travel plans?

Probably just the NW corner of Arkansas - on my way from Oklahoma City to Columbia MO, or after coming down from Wichita KS. Sadly not a ton of time in the area, but many roads in Oklahoma can be generally on my way both directions.
Have a good trip and thanks again!

Back