• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F850gs rear ABS sensor replacement help

coachz

Also posted on ADVrider but looking for all the help I can get.

So I MAY have forgotten a spacer last time I changed to knobbies on my bike....and ground down the abs sensor a bit. DOH! After reinstalling the spacer ABS has been fine and no codes but I do want to replace and and have gotten the new sensor from BMW. I'm having trouble tracking the lead to its connection.

Wondering if anyone can point me to where the connection is so I can minimize tearing the bike apart. I did trying buying the service manual for the bike but it was just a few days after thy stopped selling them a while back. If anyone does have the 850gs manual and could share the relevant pages that would be greatly appreciates as well.

Thanks

I have never been called a mechanic but, If everything is working with no codes, I would leave it alone.
That way you tear nothing apart.

sensor replacement

I would heartily agree, if no codes then do not tear down. Even the people who work on these creatures curse the factory at times.
First, do not harm,...

robert

GS750 bumblebee
africa twin
harley tri-glide

I am also in the “leave it alone” camp. I would keep the new part with me- just in case or wait for a convenient time to mess with it.
OM

Not for the faint of heart

In the end I just kept stripping bits till I found it. Most of the plastics off TANK off and then and only then do you to the stupid little connector just hidden under the back right corner of the tank. Knowing where it is now I couple probably leave a lot on and cheat things out of the way here and there.

Anyone need a used speed sensor!

Back