• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Akron and Indy area Boxflyer WetHead/ShiftHead Tech Days

Boxflyer

Akron and Indy area Boxflyer WetHead/ShiftHead Tech Days

What:
WetHead/ShiftHead 12k Service Demonstration Tech Days

How Much – Admission:
FREE! PLEASE Reply to this thread if you plan to attend and at which location.
We need a firm head count for lunch portions.

When:
Saturday, July 23, 2022 – Akron, OH area
Sunday, July 24, 2022 – Indianapolis, IN area

Where:
Akron, OH. Area – 7/23
Pilz Machine
5091 Massillon Rd.
North Canton, OH 44720

Indianapolis, IN. area – 7/24
Fishers, IN 46037
PM Boxflyer for address

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/member.php?47645-Boxflyer

Schedule:
0800-0830 Opening introduction / coffee / donuts – Show and Tell
0830-1100 12k Service to include body panel removal for air filter replacement – SpeedBleeder brake bleeder install and complete brake service – Cam Timing Check and Valve Clearance Check.
1100-1130 Lunch: (--Donation for lunch appreciated--)
Akron: Pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad
Indy: Bratwurst and fixin's
1130-1600 Final Drive/Spline Lube, Continuation of 12k service with GS-911 Reset of Adaptation Values and Service Interval Light on Display.

Notes:
--No Rain Date-- Event takes place rain or shine
If raining, inside parking for about 10 bikes at the Saturday event only. Car parking available

Boxflyer Cam Timing Tools Available for Purchase on site. (limited numbers available)

Various FREE handouts available to include:
--WetHead/ShiftHead Cam Timing/Valve Clearance Worksheet
--WetHead/ShiftHead Torque List
--WetHead/ShiftHead Accessories / Parts / Service Spreadsheet
--Boxflyer Boards Print outs for foam core board mounting on your own board
--Tool Kit carried on RT bike Spreadsheet

PLEASE-- reply here if you plan on attending, and at which location, so we can have an accurate head count for food/drink at morning wake-up snack and lunch.

Boxflyer has done some excellent work with these bikes. It will be a great opportunity to do some learning about your ride.
Hoping for a great “tech day”.
OM

I plan to attend

Boxer flyer, I want to attend the 7-24 session in Indy but don't see where anyone else has responded . And I am sure others have so I'm pretty sure I am not responding in the proper way. Can someone enlighten me on how I go about registering?

Hi Jim,
I'm just back from the UN-Rally that is over on the BMWST.com forum. We had 5 days of great riding and I did Cam and Valve timing or 12k Services everyday...along with 4 tire changes, several Final Drive services, a driveshaft change and numerous GS-911 resets.

Send me a PM with your name and location you want to attend and I'll add you to the roster of those that are coming. Really no registration, but I'm doing a head count to ensure we have enough for everyone to eat lunch and the breakfast snack.

So far we have 10 or so folks attending each event and there are still 3 weeks to go.

Although I'll only be in the Akron area for 1 day, I'm staying in the Indy area for 3 or 4 days doing additional maintenance on local riders bikes that wanted Cam and Valve Timing or other work done but wouldn't be the featured event on Sunday 7/24.

Hope to see you at one of these TechDays.

Brad

If Boxflyer were a Brit

Were Brad a Brit surely he would be appropriately recognized by the Crown for his service to our community. Although a Knighthood would be good, I think an Earldom would be more appropriate: Lord Boxflyer, First Earl of Wetheads.

Since he's an Amurican, it seems the least we could do is get him named BMWMOA "Member of the Year" and bestow upon him a lifetime membership.

You are KILLING ME!!!

I put on my suspenders one arm at a time...just like the rest of the TEAM!

While I enjoy riding as much as possible...I feel it's sometimes a solitary existence when I do 600-800 mile days.

I really enjoy the camaraderie while doing service on bikes with the owners help...it's like we said at the UN-Rally that just concluded:

"Give a man a FISH and he'll eat for a DAY, teach a BMW rider to fish, and he'll ride 250 miles for some FISH and CHIPS!"

Brad

Boxflyer is The Man!

Boxflyer is a once in a lifetime type of guy. He offered me valuable advice before I bought my 16 RT, then he travelled from his home to mine, a 12 and a half hour drive, to show me how to do the 12 K service, and he brought dinner. Beyond that, he has only hosted me at his house, fed me, and answered about 200 phone calls whenever I need advice.

If you are even close to either one of these events, you should attend.

Were Brad a Brit surely he would be appropriately recognized by the Crown for his service to our community. Although a Knighthood would be good, I think an Earldom would be more appropriate: Lord Boxflyer, First Earl of Wetheads.

Since he's an Amurican, it seems the least we could do is get him named BMWMOA "Member of the Year" and bestow upon him a lifetime membership.

I will second that motion!

Maintenance/tech day for Wetheads

Damn! I wish I could attend but live overseas and no where near there on those dates. Boxflyer if you do another one this season please push out again on the forum and if I'm within 1000 miles I'll come!

rightfront_OPT.jpg

Thanks,
I think there's a good chance of doing another in the fall of this year...don't know where though.

Brad

Back