• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100RT fairing vents

eastbay

When I had my 2000 R1100RT apart to replace the fork seals, I discovered the flaps that open and close the fairing vents. Mine were open and while riding hot air [from the oil cooler?] comes out. Is this to get some hot air to the rider on cold days? I never really felt the air coming from the vents. I didn't notice much difference with them closed either. Will it run cooler with the vents open?

yes, that answered my question. they are there to help keep the hands warm in the winter. I've had them open, and I really couldn't feel any heat unless I placed my hand really close, but it's already summer here in N F, .

The truth is, they do just about nothing. I ride all year as long as the roads are safe. Heated grips, heated gloves.

Back