• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Talk to me, Goose.

AKsuited

Top Gun Maverick - fantastic movie. Rotten Tomatoes gives it 97 percent positive ratings, with associated audience ratings of 99 percent. It was a well-crafted movie with a story that was well done with real emotional impact, rare in recent motion pictures. Don't miss it.

Harry

Top Gun Maverick - fantastic movie. Rotten Tomatoes gives it 97 percent positive ratings, with associated audience ratings of 99 percent. It was a well-crafted movie with a story that was well done with real emotional impact, rare in recent motion pictures. Don't miss it.

Harry

Much better than the original, once you let yourself overlook a couple holes in the basic premise of the plot.

Best,
DeVern

Both of us really liked it.
There's been very few good movies the last two years.

Last edited:
I was surprised - the sequel was much better than the original. Like him or not, Tom Cruise has learned a lot about movie making. He seems okay to me - he rides motorcycles and owns and flies his own P-51 Mustang WWII fighter plane.

Harry

My only real issue with this movie was that they allowed him to again ride without a helmet. On base.

It was my understanding that this was a major no-no... I think the original was before the CA helmet law, so I forgive that, but now?

I know, the following is Army, but don't the services all follow the same basic rules?
https://www.army.mil/article/60950/motorcycle_protective_equipment_mandatory_for_military_personnel

Military personnel at any time, on or off a DoD installation, are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment when riding as the operator or as a passenger of a motorcycle.

DoD civilian personnel in a duty status, on or off a DoD installation, are also required to wear Personal Protective Equipment when riding a motorcycle.

My only real issue with this movie was that they allowed him to again ride without a helmet. On base.

It was my understanding that this was a major no-no... I think the original was before the CA helmet law, so I forgive that, but now?

I know, the following is Army, but don't the services all follow the same basic rules?
https://www.army.mil/article/60950/motorcycle_protective_equipment_mandatory_for_military_personnel

Back in the mid-80s helmets were required on base no matter what the state law was. Also, most Fighter COs would not tolerate their pilots riding motorcycles. Way too much invested in training them for that much risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outstanding movie. Pay the extra to see it in dolby or imax. Absolutely with it.

Yeah, I cringed at the no helmet scenes too. Against the rules on any military facility. Anywhere.

<iframe width="1147" height="645" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p_G8z7LLhMI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is a good pilot and has worked hard to get his ratings.

Harry

Back